Current Issues with Staff (in my opinion)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Landon, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    CruderTax
    Whatever your opinion is on him, he is running the staff team. Unless a developer is doing Purchase Helps (or there are none, wouldn’t be surprising), Cruder is doing them. Cruder is also doing most appeals and staff applications. He is doing the job of an admin. I know there’s some rhyme or reason for why he doesn’t have that tag but he deserves it for what he’s doing.

Application
    I feel like the stages to an application are a little simple. The application itself is fine but activity. Instead of a static number displaying how many hours someone has been on, there needs to be a detail activity tracker. One that tracks chat messages sent, location changes, commands run, and how much the player is moving. If you check some of the weekly times, they are insane. This is because players afk all the time. I have made a plugin just like this so I know it isn’t difficult. I also know you see what they say but there should be a log in game at least that shows every message a player has sent in a certain amount of time. No disrespect towards Moqe but even he admitted it himself: toxicity.

New Helpers
    I feel like when you get new Helpers now a days, there should be at least an introduction. I want you to name me a new Helper recently where at least some people didn’t go “who?” or “why you” etc. This is no disrespect towards them, I am 100% willing to see what they can do. But, the players should get a feel for who they are. Maybe a little bio or information about certain things that they have done on Treasure Wars would be nice.

Jr. Mod
    It needs to change. Either it needs to be removed or fixed. People spend months there. Jr. Mod is literally Helper with the ability to temp ban. In my eyes, and in most I believe, Junior Mod sort of means Trial Mod. They are on Trial to see how they can work for Mod. Back in the day, spending months as a Helper to Mod was way better than it is now. I would rather be Helper for a long time then be Helper then Jr. Mod.

People
    Kribzzy: Just because he was in a call with someone who was Ban Evading while playing another game, I don’t think should call for a demotion.
    GrapeDustt: Just returned (or on discord and forums) about a week or two weeks ago and already staff.
    TVC: I know some issues happened with him and some higher staff but I feel bad for him being Jr. Mod and Helper for so long, but gg.
    Triviaz: This is going to be my 100% amazing Segway into my next point...

Issues between staff and Higher Staff
    Most of the community isn’t aware of the inner issues with Triviaz and I’m not going to spill anything because “leaking confidential staff information” but most are aware he had roles on discord removed for a while so yeah. Anyway, to the staff, you know what happened. Drama like that shouldn’t happen and what happened after in the game we played online was extremely immature and shouldn’t have been done either. I applaud Envy for trying to fix what was broken but it never should have happened in the first place over a tiny miscommunication.

Activity
    Enforce it better. The final week I was staff, 2 staff members got 7 hours of playtime out of 16 required. No notices made or anything. One of which had public arguments in private channels. Meanwhile, me and fluffy work our asses off to build a uh “place”.

#1 Landon, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TheWaterboy10

TheWaterboy10 Moderator

TheWaterboy10
    Not gonna comment on most of this because it probably isnt my place, but you were never actually jr mod(no disrespect) so you never really got to see the change, jr mods are able to shadow mods with appeals and ban reports and prepare them for mod quite well actually, anything can be explained but with reports etc the best way to learn is doing them with someone who has experience. Jr mod is quite a good addition imo.

3. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    I never said it wasn’t a good addition. My point isn’t people spent too much time there. And from my knowledge, Mods don’t do appeals anyway. I never said they shouldn’t get trained, I just said they spend too much time.

4. TheWaterboy10

TheWaterboy10 Moderator

TheWaterboy10
    Mod has a lot of responsibilities so spending some more time there is necessary, and when i said appeals i meant bug reports my bad.

5. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    I know Mod has a lot of responsibilities but I think it was better handled as being trained at the end of time at Helper and beginning of Mod how it used to be. I don’t think there should be a dedicated role as it feels like it’s own thing.

6. Kribzzy

Kribzzy Member

Kribzzy
    I 100% agree that new helpers should create an introduction for the community so there is at least some background information. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. GenBear

GenBear Well-Known Member

GenBear
    WHEn i first got helper I made such a bad intro but i did it ahah

I agree tho. We neeeeeed to know who they are ahaha

8. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    Yeah

9. Jesus_101

Jesus_101 Active Member

Start actually logging on the server more plz

10. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    7/16

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Envyful

Envyful Lead Developer
    Administrator

Hey Landon, so similarly to how I responded to your other thread I thought it’d be worth putting my opinion in here as I think you’ve either mis portrayed or misunderstood a fair amount of what goes on. However, please take everything I say with a grain of salt as I don’t run, and try not to get involved with, the staff team so these are simply just my opinions and some facts.

Okay so I really don’t quite understand what point you’re trying to make regarding CruderTax. His role presently is “Staff Manager”, so yes, he runs the staff team and yes, he deals with appeals and staff applications. I don’t know who else in the team would do this as he has been Senior Moderator for the longest so logically the role suits him as theoretically he should have the most experience on the team, which he does. The tag is only a tag and isn’t needed at all. He does a good job with a senior moderator tag so what’s the issue? As I said on the other post, I truly think you’re nit-picking here as this really isn’t an “issue” with the staff team?

As for the application process I do believe there is some issues here. I don’t think what you have suggested for activity checking is a necessary form of determining if someone is active in the community or not. I believe that if the staff manager talks to the staff team and checks their time on /wtime to determine if they’re active or not then that’s more than enough detail. Ultimately the staff team should be active enough to determine if a player is an active member of the community or just someone who AFKs in their base to get their online time hours. It’s not about the complexity of any plugin but more the impact it may have on the server is what you must think about before suggesting something as futile as this. As for the “toxicity” issue this is also covered by asking the staff team for their opinions on players.

As for your point regarding new helpers I think you’re nit-picking again. This isn’t really a requirement in terms of joining the staff team and it most certainly shouldn’t be a requirement. Ultimately it doesn’t impact their ability to help players and moderate the network. Yes, it’s nice for helpers to introduce themselves to the community as not everyone is online at the same time and often people with clashing time zones don’t know anything about each other. However, this isn’t really an “issue” per say with the staff team.

Regarding Junior Moderators there are possibly a few changes that need to happen with this rank but overall, I think it’s definitely necessary and really helps people moving up from Helper to Moderator especially given prior to it people would jump up to Moderator and start making a lot of mistakes. The role isn’t a trial, and I’m not sure where you got that information from, as are none of the roles. The roles should take a fair amount of time to progress up (unless the case is exceptional) as the person should aim to not only do the basic requirements for the role but also prove that they’re ready for the next role. So, spending months at a time in a role really isn’t an intentional feature of the rank but is more of a per person basis.

I don’t think it’s worth me commenting on these individual cases that you have raised as you’re missing a lot of information for each case and honestly you will never truly understand given, you’re not in CruderTax’s position.

I’m slightly perplexed by your next point it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me and I know what happened. There was a lot of miscommunication at the time and that issue was resolved at least a month ago whilst you were on the team. So, is this really an “issue” right now?

As for enforcing staff activity more harshly how would you like to do this? I don’t see demoting people as a viable option presently given how small the staff team is. So where does that leave us? Yes, this is an issue but it’s just something that’ll be dealt with as time goes on. Funnily enough one of the punishments for inactivity would be the lack of a promotion however you are strongly against people remaining in a rank for months at a time. So, if you’re not including not promoting people what punishments can you do?

Once again, I hope you understand where I’m coming from and I’m perfectly happy to discuss this with you in a voice channel at some point.

12. tooooooooooofast

tooooooooooofast Previous Senior Moderator

tooooooooooofast
    thank you lead developer :cool:

13. FastAsThunder2

FastAsThunder
    Sicko mode

14. FastAsThunder2

FastAsThunder
    over 9000 IQ

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheWaterboy10

TheWaterboy10 Moderator

TheWaterboy10
    Im in school and have a job staying active isnt the easiest thing to do but i have met the required time played each week?

16. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    No... not the last week I was staff.

17. TheWaterboy10

TheWaterboy10 Moderator

TheWaterboy10
    Notice was made...

18. Mega__

Mega__ Well-Known Member

Mega__
    Hey, I resemble that remark...

19. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    Not true, nothing was made on the post by the time it was done.

20. Jesus_101

Jesus_101 Active Member

You chose to be a staff member... either start acting like one or its time to rethink what you are doing