Duels Update, Rune Information & Staff Changes!

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by Eraze, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Erictigerawr

Erictigerawr Well-Known Member

You're so welcome, thanks for the kind feedback! :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. splodgebox

splodgebox Active Member

• Gear now automatically procs when joining a realm - HUZZAR!
    • The Killstreak enchantment can now be applied to Bows.
    • Fixed multiple clues not functioning correctly.
    • Fixed issues preventing players from placing string and tripwire hooks.
    • Fixed the notoriously known wolf "one bang" glitch Best ones

3. Angel_of_Hell

Angel_of_Hell Member

Well i don't want to be that guy who is always grumbling to you staff team about updates and stuff but you need to realise that the community expects new things. I really do appreciate the effort you've put into the server and it has definatly been more lively than it was but there hasn't been anything new that would be a game changer. The only new things since the server was dead that has changed are many bug reports which are really appreciated by the community, summer class then new necro the new wz and the coins. Now these changes are new yes but they don't change the game. You just take something on which is bad and you make it better. I've seen countless good ideas at the forums. I know you can't just implement everything but aat least look at it consider it. In this update yuo changed duels. Great you will fight there once, twice three times then it is just boring. We need something ''NEW''. A game changer. As i said i appreciate all the work you put in but i would like to say but your effort on more important things rather than meh ones. Sorry if i somehow offended you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. HTRC

HTRC Active Member

init XD

5. Mega__

Mega__ Well-Known Member

I mean not to be rude, but @Erictigerawr did anyone actually ask for duels to be changed? I mean I haven't seen a thread about duels in months. Not that I'm not grateful it's fixed, and I like we can spectate duels. But duels aren't exactly the most important thing...

6. Erictigerawr

Just because an improvement or an update wasn't asked doesn't mean we're not going to add it. The previous system was outdated, complained about, and caused many of the previous dupe glitches, so we sought to update it.

The Administration Team plans updates based off what we think is overall best for the server. We still take in your guys' feedback on many things, but we shouldn't have players complain "we didn't ask for this" when we release a nice update and improvement to the server after working on it for quite some time.

7. Excallbur

Excallbur Well-Known Member

8. Excallbur

The updates are supposed to be based on the community suggestions not on what you think is the best for the server. I'm pretty sure no one asked for the duel system to be updated. Even though the fixes you made to some of the glitches are good, overall it's not a good update considering it took 2 weeks to make.

9. Mega__

Mega__ Well-Known Member

Ok I at least mostly understand your reasoning now. I hadn't thought about the dupe glitch. Thank you for responding.

10. Excallbur

+1 tbh I was expecting something huge this week but they decided to update duels which no one asked for instead of creating new content or revamping classes, or any of the suggestions that the community has made. Im honestly really disappointed...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Erictigerawr

You're completely wrong there. While players may want certain things added or suggest good ideas, they don't think about how it all falls through like we do. How will this affect the server 6 months from now? What can this do to retain players? What can we make to simply improve the server?

For example, some of the community wanted everyone on the server to be "Globally Unbanned" when the new management came here. They thought it was the "only way" for Treasure Wars to get it's players back, yet they were wrong.

If we were to go off everything the community asks for, it wouldn't lead us to anywhere. A majority of the community enjoyed this update, so if we weren't to add it and were to release something completely different, they would still complain.

As I stated above, we do what we think is best for the server. That doesn't mean we simply ignore you or "don't listen to the community". If we weren't going to listen to the community we wouldn't be here and we wouldn't work countless hours a week to push out new content and fixes to the server. While you may want certain things, we're in the position to determine if it's something we will add to the server or not, as we stand in a position where we see everything both frontend and backend, and come from experience.

12. Excallbur

I'm not saying that you guys have to implement every single suggestion that the community suggestions but there are certain things that we have been asking for to be implemented for months now and it hasn't been done. For example, the revamping old classes idea. The majority of treasure wars wanted this to be implemented as it increased then amount of pvp and you guys said you were working on it but it's been like 2 months now and nothing has happened. Another example is more ways on making xp more relevant. Again the majority of the treasure wars wanted it but you chose to ignore. There are multiple other suggestions that are agreed on by majority of society but you don't listen to them.

I'm not saying I'm ungrateful I'm just saying that there are more important stuff to focus on like making new content so people don't get bored. All people do nowadays is afk igs,pvp or maybe do a heroic but it's getting really boring and if you guys don't implement a suggestion that is new and exciting then the player base will slowly decrease.

13. colouration

colouration Member

Cool update unfortunately nobody asked for a duels update. Maybe actually read suggestions please?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Erictigerawr

We have both an enchantments balancing update and a class balancing update in the works, though these updates take much longer for us to develop and get out to the server. When it comes to making a new feature, the developers make code for that and then test it. When it comes to balancing classes and everything, we have to work with the staff members and well known players to give us a good estimate of what needs to be buffed/nerfed, meaning the first attempt isn't going to be the "perfect balancing". We could've easily released both of these updates a while ago, though they would've been rushed and could've made them worse.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Angel_of_Hell

Angel_of_Hell Member

I am just replying to your balancing comment. How do you explain that slot crystals and prot runes are the only way for you to actually create a proper god set and the only way you can get them is wash up or p2w people.In legit 3 days slots went from 500k to 1.5mil. Prot runes- ever since you patched heroics prot rune go from 100k to 750k a piece. The same goes for soul gems. Well that's not great balancing and from the point that you were able to make your set not with ease but it would go a lot more smoother, now you need to be the richest person in the realm. Balancing...

16. Mega__

Mega__ Well-Known Member

Yeah the Bandit economy just skyrocketed lmao.

17. Mega__

Mega__ Well-Known Member

• Patched users being able to spawn withers in the Nether.
    Rip, so are withers 100% disabled? Or can we spawn them in the overworld? If they're disabled then rip beacon clues because we can't get nether stars then. :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dogg__

Dogg__ Active Member

Shhh it changes all the time ahha

19. Dogg__

Dogg__ Active Member

Angel stfu you're just salty because I 1 shot you

20. Dogg__

Dogg__ Active Member

Just to confirm Eric and Eraze this is an awesome update well done to you guys very pleased with it, simple but also includes everything that people have wanted, only thing I have to say is that via a hotfix you guy added nether stars to washup chests so why can't you add protection runes?