Inventory Pet Rework

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by xDestructive, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xDestructive

xDestructive Senior Moderator
    Senior Mod

xDestructive
    Hey everyone,
    As most of you know, a majority of the pets currently on the server are either unused because they give poor benefits or act in the same way as armour enchants. Because of this, I feel that a change to the effects of some of the pets is required.

Here I have listed what I think the effects of current pets that are obtainable in the game should be along with a new pet idea. Be sure to share feedback on this and feel free to create your own suggestion posts for any feature or change you would like to see on the server. I can assure you that the developers intently watch the forums for suggestions.

Common Pets:

Chicken Pet- Passively multiplies the amount of mcmmo you receive. Level of pet increases the multiplier you receive.
    Sheep Pet- Stay the same. Reduces fall damage.
    Pig Pet- When right clicked, the HP of all your spawned mobs (flame elemental zombies, blazes, spirit wolves, and necromancer zombies will be restored. Level increases the amount of health increased

Special Pets
    Zombie Pet-
    Buffs the damage and health of nearby necromancer zombies from allies and yourself. Level increases buffs.
    Squid Pet- Along with the current buff of water breathing and night vision under water, the squid pet after a certain level will prevent bodies of water from slowing down mining speeds.
    Spider Pet- Decreases the amount of time it takes to fully capture a treasure vault. The higher the level the quicker the capping time.
    Cow Pet- Has a chance to negate the petrify effect. Higher level increases the chance of negation.
    Wolf Pet- Stay the same

Legendary Pets:
    Iron Golem Pet- Stay the same but with an increase in cooldown time.
    Creeper Pet- Increases the drop rate of spawners from creepers that blow up in a radius. Higher level increases chance and length of effect.
    Enderman Pet (New Pet)- Passive ability to to either steal an enemies ender pearls or increase their cooldown.

Phantom Pets:
    Valentines Pet- Shoots a barrage of flowers at your enemy and deals damage.
    Thanksgiving Pet- Starves your enemies on right click.
    Beachball Pet- Stay the same, knock back your enemies and provides a damage multiplier when fighting in the sun.

Goblin Pet- Gives you money, treasure coins, or mcmmo skill gems when right clicked.
    Elf Pet- Spawns baby zombies that works as your ally. Level increases amount of zombies, health, and damage.
    Raider Pet- Stays the same, gives raiding supplies. Add gen buckets and chunkbusters to loot table.
    XP Pet- Stays the same, boosts XP you get from killing mobs. Higher level increases the length of effect and duration.
    Nightmare Pet- Stays the same, spawns skeleton horse that you can ride. Increased level decreases pet cooldown and increases the horse's health.

Feel free to list some new pet ideas down below along with other ideas for what these pets could be repurposed to do or changes to some of the special edition pets. Again, we are hoping to see more suggestion posts here on the forums so be sure to post your ideas in a thread.

#1 xDestructive, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Horn34

Horn34 Active Member

I actually like all of the idea, +1. The squid pet making it so mining blocks while in water doesn't affect the speed they are broken would be nice, as well as the blaze pet would be a good addition IMO.

3. iAl3x

iAl3x Member

iAl3x
    I agree & like all of this, but could you clarify how the Creeper pet works, will it be used in raids to blow up spawners or just buff the ones you already have. If so, it will encourage ppl to afk it which is currently not allowed.

4. xDestructive

Senior Mod

xDestructive
    My idea was that when the pet is right clicked, all creepers that you spawn in within a radius will have a higher chance of dropping the spawners when they explode.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Horn34

Horn34 Active Member

I like that +1

6. TheWaterboy10

TheWaterboy10 Moderator

TheWaterboy10
  7. GrapeDustt

GrapeDustt Member

I like all of them but I feel like the val pet is good as it is and should still give you regen but every time that you shoot flowers that it gives xp to the pet because they are almost impossible to level up atm

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ItzDonut

ItzDonut Junior Moderator
    Jr. Mod

I like a lot of these, however, I think a few more of them should have utility based buffs like the squid pet for example because otherwise, it would become very difficult to choose what pets to take out with you into pvp. :D

9. xDestructive

Senior Mod

xDestructive
    Isn't that a good thing? It forces you to pick and choose the pets you want to take with you meaning everyone will have different opinions and will create variety.

10. ItzDonut

Jr. Mod

I suppose so however it would be nice to have a variety of pets to make base work, raiding and that kind of thing easier as well. Again creating variety throughout the whole choice of pets.

11. xDestructive

Senior Mod

xDestructive
    Oh yeah I agree with that 100%. I was hoping that someone would have some ideas.

12. ItzDonut

Jr. Mod

Fantastic! Love the idea overall. Would love to see this implemented at some point!

13. Epiales

Epiales Member

I like everything apart from the Iron Golem and Valentine pet changes. I think they were fine.

14. FastAsThunder

FastAsThunder Moderator

FastAsThunder
    I love all the pet ideas except the few I am going to mention starting with the val pets I already love how the valentine pet currently is.
    I feel like if you do increase cooldown just no longer than 20 seconds but currently I like the 15 second cool down.

Here is my favorite pets -
    - Cow Pet-
    - Blaze Pet (New Pet)-
    - Enderman Pet (New Pet)-
    - Goblin Pet-

- Raider Pet-

15. Horn34

Horn34 Active Member

I think creeper eggs should also be added to the loot table.

16. GrapeDustt

GrapeDustt Member

I feel like there are pets that can already be used for that, but it is just that lots of people don't train them to a high enough level to be able to benefit from these buffs so I feel like either it should be easier to upgrade pets or that all pets automatically grant the boost and don't need to be trained. Or for example instead of the chicken pet starting with speed 1, it starts with speed 3 or 4 and goes up from there. I feel like there are lots of ways we could go with pets and its really going to come down to what we (We as in the community) see as the future of twars when it comes to raiding and pvp.

17. blimpyblah

blimpyblah New Member

Some nice ideas, but... blaze, creeper and goblin pets... pls god don't even... I think it would ruin the economy as it would bring more money in and keep more spawners. Think not just what would be better for you, but for the server too, most servers have a broken economy don't mess this server pls :( I loved it back in the day

• Confused Confused x 1
  18. Xeno03

Xeno03 Helper
    Helper

Maybe a Wither pet it has a stronger chance to negate wither effect while in combat

19. xDestructive

Senior Mod

xDestructive
    I like the idea of some sort of wither pet, however, anti-life already does that specific effect so maybe something else?

20. Xeno03

Xeno03 Helper
    Helper

Alright how about a witch pet negates all poison effects

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.