@itzben

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stempicus98, Jan 13, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stempicus98

stempicus98 Active Member

Stempicus
    "This sort of comment everytime we get a new staff member isn't helpful, when people are constantly asking for more staff to be around or complaining of no staff when they do /staff we are trying hard to respond to this feedback and build the team up. Not everyone is going to be perfect or come with a perfect background, I wouldn't consider myself to have any of them two. I think it is important to judge people after you give them a chance at the role, you don't know how someone is going to be as staff until you give them a chance so allow them sometime to prove themselves you"

The reason we ask for more staff is because we need it but when promoting new staff make sure they're active in game, make sure they're liked in the community (not just in their little circle) and make sure they're not just going to lick every staff members arse.
    The reason everyone complains is because I'd say the last 4-5 staff promotions have just been forum warriors who rim staff members and not members who will be active in game, members who will actually communicate with ALL of the community and people who will actually have an opinion on something and not just be a yes man.
    So that's why there's been an uproar about recent staff promotions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yagot

Yagot Well-Known Member

3. ItzBen_

ItzBen_ Former Sr. Mod

ItzBen_
    The staff selection process goes through a number of basic checks before reaching further stages, let me share with you a few of these which are useful to be aware of. First of all the most common reason an application gets denied, lack of detail, so many players post applications without putting any effort into their applications this will result in instant denial as we can't learn anything from the application other than you do not care enough to write out a full response. We then check the requirements are met like having a clean history from the past 2 weeks and some players fall down on this. So with writing out such a detailed response being so critical in succeeding in getting f staff it isn't surprising a lot of people who spend time on the forums, essentially writing, get staff. A lot of the players who focus more on the game who maybe would make good staff members just don't get to the further stages because of this.

Referring to comments about activity I would bring up that the more recent promotions have been across many timezones which might not suit you, however more staff does mean at the end of the day more people will be around.
    I referenced conversation in my post on that thread but what this player has done here is also an effective way of responding :)

4. Yagot

Yagot Well-Known Member

what purpose does locking the thread serve if you're willing to continue the conversation regardless?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ItzBen_

ItzBen_ Former Sr. Mod

ItzBen_
    As I said this isn't something I see much of so I can't make an effective response to you referencing any specific situation other than the post I made. In repose to that I would say it was irrelevant to the actual thread, the comment I made was about staff promotions in general and wasn't intended as a discussion.

6. stempicus98

stempicus98 Active Member

Stempicus
    While I understand that detail is essential so is previous experiences, so is the community opinion and lastly so is the whether or not the member will have a positive effect. All these qualities are completely ignored in certain staff members. How you don't see how all he wants is the tag bemuses me but regardless when staff get promoted they need qualities that differ to how other staff members are. If you have one simple character in all your team (yes men) then it's destined for failure

7. ItzBen_

ItzBen_ Former Sr. Mod

ItzBen_
    Personally I wouldn't have an issue with staff apps being public so all you guys can see them, but I can't see that happening soon.

8. LukeSwagWalker

We need more ban team members. 2 isn't gonna cut it. (no death threat).

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Nazgul

Nazgul Well-Known Member

I always get denied for other reasons :(

10. Sugerandtea

Sugerandtea Well-Known Member

Normally posts like this get locked, for "continuing a locked topic" Lol. Headass

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gunzal

Gunzal Well-Known Member

Gunzal
    Trust me. I would never go for staff if no one liked me.
    I'm also very active in game, thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.