Let’s Get some Answers

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Landon, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    Ok, “Pirate is releasing in early 2019”. Does this mean January or February or later? Will the server expand to more realms or just stay at Pirate?

I know the staff no nothing more so don’t bother with just saying “The Developers are working hard” or “it’s coming soon”.

Another thing is that I’m aware @Julian isn’t an actual Owner and is just the “Server Director” but he has the Owner tag so I’m going to treat him that way (even though some people aren’t quite happy with his owner tag):

1. It would be nice to see you on the forums for once. Your last login was December 8th, only to give me Helper. Before that was in early November.
    2. I’m not trying to be mean, just state the facts. From the information that has been given to us and my knowledge inside the staff team, Julian hasn’t done pretty much anything for the server. Cruder is basically the head of the show while Envy is a close second (or the other way around doesn’t matter)
    3. Julian, you are aware (or maybe you aren’t considering your activity status) that the community is waiting for the end of Beta. So why on earth, after week(s) with no announcements, you ping 4,000 people to tell them about your company’s mobile game. It made everyone so upset you had to post another one explaining that you will be showing more sneak peaks the upcoming week on Twitter. First, no one prefers Twitter. They’d probably rather it be done on discord or the forums, and they would gain more traction there considering even when asking for hearts, there is only 10 on the latest post. And secondly, it’s almost Thursday and nothing.
    4. You are too focused with OP. Literally, I see you on there all the time and announcements happen there too. I get that the server is successful but the same rules should apply. If you are staff on one server, you shouldn’t be here. It’s not because I’m salty over a demotion but Julian either doesn’t care about Treasure Wars, doesn’t have time for Treasure Wars, is too lazy to post an announcement or information, or can’t. This brings me to my next point.

Why withhold the status of the server? Unless there is something in a contract with Headwall or BlackWave that says you can’t tell the status of the server, why? I feel that if the community knows why there are lack of updates and information about what’s coming, it would be better.

So, what should be done?

In my opinion, make an updates channel on discord (or forums but I don’t trust the developers to get on the forums this much) and put updates with what’s going on on the server every day. I don’t care how technical it is. Don’t tag anyone (maybe make an optional role that you tag if they want to). People will have the option to view it or not. It will at least help towards the confusion and such. I also suggest on improving on what I stated above.

There are also some pretty big issues with staff at the moment that I want to address but will in a different thread.

2. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    I would also like to note that the server needs more suggestions and feedback. There is a whole forum section but it isn’t very active. Regardless of if the developers are checking it, most of the suggestions would be easier in Discord as more players are there. I know there is the alpha team but that is a very small percentage of players that don’t get a say. And also, I’ve seen the Alpha Chat... yikes. Players are the ones donating and unless you’re hosting 7 servers on your own dedicated at your house, it can get pretty expensive. You need items that players both want and are appealing. And the only way to get that is to listen to what they want. Also, don’t make false promises. If you say you’re paying out, pay out (whether the map ends or the server starts eating Player Vault data files)

#2 Landon, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  3. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

Nelly___
    shrug

4. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    Expecting worse ngl

5. GrapeDustt

GrapeDustt Helper
    Helper

We still do not have a set release date for Pirate but that doesn't mean it won't release in a timely manner. We are in beta still to make sure to avoid any major game breaking glitches that have played a crucial part in many negative experiences in Treasure War's recent history. The current heads of the server are here to ensure that Treasure Wars is being redeveloped for the betterment of the community as a whole and would you rather have an extremely buggy and broken server when Pirate releases or something that runs smooth and clean so players can enjoy themselves? Thank you for your input and we as a staff team are reassessing to ensure that the Treasure Wars community knows that their input is valued and heard :)

6. GrapeDustt

GrapeDustt Helper
    Helper

Like I said in my above reply, we have heard what the player base is saying and would you rather that the server has glitches like PVs being cleared during this stage of beta or during a full release of Pirate? I am glad that you are making sure the player base is heard but I feel as if many players are misunderstanding why the server is in beta and it is because there are still many bugs that we are working on and that is why there is still not a set release date for pirate. Thank you for your input tho and representing the community in a healthy manner :)

7. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    Ok look,

1. Don’t BS me, I know good and well you don’t know any more than I do, I was staff a week ago.
    2. No, not all the community’s voices are heard. I was on the team for a month and realized this too. You will notice it more once you stay on the team for a while.
    3. I never said I wanted a glitchy release, I said the heads need to inform us of what’s happening.
    4. Don’t ask me if I want a buggy release or a good one, I’ve been saying this for months as well. Again, information.
    5. The community doesn’t know why it is still in beta. This proving my point because they need to be informed. I’ve seen Dev1 and I’ve been on the Alpha Team and seen what they are working on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jesus_101

Jesus_101 Active Member

You come back for 1 week and act like you know what is going on...

9. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    Been staff for 48 or 72 hours

10. Jesus_101

Jesus_101 Active Member

We need staff I get it but he should really stop trying to act like he knows what has been going on over the least year... he stopped playing what season 2?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Envyful

Envyful Lead Developer
    Administrator

Hey Landon so I thought this would be one of the rare occurrences where I reply to a thread given you’ve portrayed the entire team quite poorly and in a very negative light. You know there are a lot of facts that you have left out of this post and that a lot of what we do you will never know.

Okay so it’s clear why we haven’t released a date for the release of Pirate as far as I can tell. It seems quite logical and straightforward and doesn’t take a genius to work out. Look at the history of TreasureWars and the current state of affairs. We have made many statements regarding the state of the backend of the network and quite how poor it is. This means that there are a lot of issues we are yet to fix and a lot of issues that could come out of nowhere simply due to the poor design in some aspects of the network. So as a team we’ve decided that it be best to become confident in the state of the backend before we decide when to release the network. You will never be able to appreciate the appalling state which the network was in when I joined last year because it’s not always very clear. The issues you see in game barely scratch the surface in terms of the number of issues that exist on the network. So yes, it’s coming soon and yes we, “the developers”, are working hard.

As for everything you say regarding Julian, I find it to be quite unfair and slightly naive, or ridiculous, of you to make half of the comments you have made. Your “facts” regarding Cruder, or myself, running the show are not only biased but also you failed to state any facts that would lead you to this conclusion. Your facts are biased given they’re based on your experience in the staff team. These “facts” really aren’t facts given it’s very rare for staff to be involved in any of the upper management team’s day to day business. So, whilst it might seem like Cruder is calling all the shots that’s just a sign of a good internal structure.

Julian’s activity on the forums isn’t relevant either. Julian’s job isn’t just to sit and please the community. There’s a lot of other things he must do in the background and you also need to pay attention to the fact he has a life and runs multiple other projects. So sure, maybe he isn’t very active (as far as the general community can tell) regarding forums posts and general conversation with the community however this isn’t always representative of all his activity. In addition to this you, in the same paragraph, complained about us pushing for more activity on Twitter. I don’t understand the issue here? The message is still conveyed, and it’ll reach more people who don’t know about the server given Twitter has such a large reach. You still get the information and the server gets a little bit more advertisement. Just quite a futile and childish point to make.

Now moving onto your point regarding OP Craft and Julian’s activity on the network. As I previously stated his public activity is not proportional to his overall activity and I don’t think I need to cover that again. As for the “conflict of interest” issue you raise this really is nonsensical when regarding a person in Julian’s position. For a lower staff member (i.e. helper) to be staff on two servers that is a conflict of interest given the time requirements and the position in which you put yourself (knowing more than the average player about the networks inner workings). Hence this is an issue. Whereas, for someone in Julian’s position there’s no real conflict of interest given he works on both evenly and can transfer knowledge from running one to the other easily (especially given the two servers are not in a lot of competition due to the high contrast in styles of play).

As for withholding the state of the server it’s not worth us posting every minor change in terms of the network every week. People won’t care, and people won’t be bothered about the minor changes we make every week whilst we focus on finishing out the bigger projects. We have, and will continue, making announcements when larger changes come to the network and to summarise your point here, I generally think you are nit picking and just looking for more to complain about.

As for the “Suggestions and Feedback” section of the forums I would personally love to see more activity in that section of the forums. I check the forums at least twice a day even when if I don’t have the time to get work done on the server that day. I thoroughly enjoy reading through everyone’s comments and opinions regarding the network and the changes we have made (or should make). I like to see how my opinion lines up with the community and perhaps where I may be wrong regarding some topics and where I should change my perspective. I’m slightly offended that you think I, and the rest of the team, are completely ignorant of the forums especially given the amount of effort we are putting in to try and make sure everything we do is coherent with what people want and what is good for the network’s gameplay.

I hope this might give you a bit more insight into what’s going on and how the management team works. I’m perfectly happy to go through this with you, and anyone else, in a Discord call (however my headphones broke so my mics not the best right now).

12. Jesus_101

Jesus_101 Active Member

Yikes

13. Landon

Landon Well-Known Member

landonn
    I would like to discuss this in a Discord call as I feel that we both have misunderstood things here and I don’t want to type anything.