My Inquiries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oreopros, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Oreopros

Oreopros Well-Known Member

Let me just start off by saying that this is not meant to be a hate thread. It is not meant to be an "exposing" thread. It is not meant to be a thread throwing shade at people. It is not meant to be a disrespectful thread. I know how much goes on behind the scenes and I know because I am no long staff I may not have the whole story and I may not understand things completely, but that is why I am making this thread so as I can understand thing better. Before anyone asks no I am not coming back yet I've just gotten some concerning messages as of late and I wanted to just check out the validity of these statements. I would highly appreciate it if I could not be banned for this thread because I will be trying to word these things as nicely as I possible can and in the most respectful way possible. I would also appreciate it if this thread could remain unlocked and if all the players could also remain respectful in the comments so that it may stay unlocked because I would like to hear your thoughts on these subjects as well.

General Discussion Locked Threads
    I understand some people are truly being disrespectful in their threads but in other threads I see people just inquiring about bans or asking why someone is staff (which are both points I'll get into more). I have never seen so many locked threads and if what I've been hearing is also correct threads are being deleted as well? The only time a thread should really be deleted is if someone is revealing personal info such as ip's in it. If there is nothing to hide then threads should not be deleted. If people see something is wrong with t wars they should be able to discuss it on forums. They shouldn't have to make private conversations like they're conspiring against a government. Issues don't get resolved by just ignoring the problems and silencing the voices speaking out against it. That being said those of you who just want to make threads to rant about your bans that is also not how you solve issues. Make a damn appeal sheesh it's not hard xD That leads me to point 2.

Discussing Bans In Public Threads
    Okay, personally I have never had an issue with this. I have actually caught several false bans not only made by other people but by myself as well because the community made a post asking why it was a ban. Staff aren't perfect and sometimes players see things that we don't, it's useful sometimes to have an extra thousand pair of eyes going over the bans staff has made in case staff did make a mistake. Sometimes people are just ranting about their bans but if someone just wants to ask what other players think about their ban I don't see the issue in that. Sometimes players just need to hear from other players that their ban is rightful for them to listen.

Staff Disrespect Bans
    It's one thing if someone is swearing and spamming at a staff member saying how bad they are, but it's another thing if a player says in chat something like "ugh I hate Oreopros as staff". That should not be bannable. That's their opinion and that is completely okay. It shouldn't be against the rules for someone to say that they don't like someone or for them to just throw one silly insult at a staff member. If they're not swearing or spamming the msg what is the issue? I understand you might think that it will lead to more but if it's just something minor then it's okay. You don't have to ban for the slightest things. There is a fine line between banning for staff disrespect and staff abusing that rule and I think in some cases that has been crossed. You need to loosen the leash a little. This is a faction server you can't completely erase toxicity on here all you are doing is putting off the inevitable. Every ban you do that is (for lack of better words) stupid, you are just giving people more ammo to use later. Saying "oh yeah man that oreopros yeah shes ugly af" that shouldn't be bannable. At most you could ask them to please stop and then if they continue then you can maybe mute but honestly that's their opinion and they are completely entitled to it. Staff needs to get off their high horses and be able to take an insult. Not everyone is going to like you and that's okay you can't please everyone but that doesn't mean you punish the people that don't like you.

Making Accepted/Denied Ban Reports Public
    Again going along with "it's useful sometimes to have an extra thousand pair of eyes going over the bans staff has made in case staff did make a mistake." It just allows for more transparency between players and staff. Wherever you can give that little bit more trust between players and staff it's always a good idea to take it.

Banning People Without Proof
    This has always been a thing admins have occasionally done if they couldn't pull up their software to record a hacker or something like that. Lately though it seems like I've heard a lot of people complaining that they don't know what they were banned for. Even if it's a simple screenshot that is so much better than nothing. That way players aren't confused and they can know exactly what they are banned for. Screenshots take seconds to upload and that can save you minutes of explaining. It's really simple to do and I don't understand why it's not being done.
    (Edit - Now im hearing that when asked for proof Eric says he doesn't need any? Again I'm not sure if this is true or not so please don't take my word as gospel. If it is true though that is not okay. While you may not technically NEED proof to ban someone as admin you should always have it. If it's an offense that's on forums or discord there really is no excuse to not show someone the proof for what they were banned for.)

Banning In Game For Something On Forums Etc.
    Why are people being banned in game for stuff they do on forums or discord? I could see if they leaked ips or something of that severity but if they were just rude I don't get it. How is someone supposed to appeal or talk to staff if you banned them on everything.

Not Being Able To Have Someone Appeal For You
    If someones forum account is banned how do you expect them to appeal? I don't know if this was just something special pertaining to Manulukes appeals or if this is for everyone but that is why I am asking. If someone is banned on forums there has to be a way to appeal.

Banning For Things On Non-Twars Platforms
    Okay, so like I got this info from cannedham so if it's completely wrong I won't be surprised but if it's true I'm kinda like wth. If someone calls a staff member a name on another discord that is not t wars then why are they getting banned on t wars discord? That is outside the t wars "jurisdiction". If I am on my own discord I should be able to freely speak about anything I would like. Whether that be how weird I think a staff member is or if I think chicken nugget chips are weird.

Purchase Helps
    Again I don't know how true this one is since I am neither staff nor do I have a purchase help up. I was told that purchase helps are not being done even at a moderately good pace. Purchase helps should be a pretty high priority. It should take (in most normal cases) at tops a week to get resolved. Players and their purchases are what keep this server up and running. Their purchases and their happiness should be a top priority.

More Quality Staff
    If Lachlan is really going to return then you guys need a lot more quality staff to deal with the player influx that will happen. Most, and by most I mean like 98% of the staff team at the moment have no experience dealing with highly populated servers when the youtuber comes online. It takes at least 2-3 staff members (on a good day) to moderate the chat on whatever realm lachlan is on. Plus at least a few other staff to moderate the other realms.
    (Edit - Im not saying that the staff we have now aren't good quality staff, I'm just saying we need more of them if the sever is going to continue to grow.)

Staff Promotions
    Please just please @Erictigerawr do NOT mess up this staff team. I worked on the twars staff team for almost 2 years trying to help build it up. Please just always keep in mind these things.

Promotions should be given when they are deserved, not when you need more staff of that rank. NO MATTER WHAT. If someone does not deserve the promotion under normal circumstances they should NOT get it just because you have no one else. Be patient and wait for the right person.

When recruiting staff always keep in mind. Rules can be taught. Personality cannot.

Just because someone is your friend does NOT mean they will be a good staff member. If you know someone on a personal level (meaning that you've had more contact with them than you would any other player) then STAY OUT of the decisions around that person. I don't care if you are a helper, mod, senior mod, or even admin. As an admin especially. If you know someone just stay out of the decision making. Listen to what the other staff are saying, ask for their opinions and then make a poll and if the staff team decide that they do not want that person on the team then that's the decision. Just because someone is an admin doesn't mean they should have final say on everything sometimes you need to trust your staff team and step aside and let them make the decisions. The staff team are the people that are going to have to be working with this person and their opinions count more than any one persons.

Avoid AT ALL COSTS pulling the admin card. This goes for all staff as well. Never pull the rank card. If you are debating with someone don't just use the "Im admin and I say so" or the "Im senior mod and I say so" card. Listen and if you can't come up with a better reason than that as to why something should or shouldn't be done then you should probably consider why.

No VPNS

This is something I was a strong supporter of and I still am but there is one thing that I want cleared up first. Are people that are not admin still getting op? Why this was a thing to begin with I will never understand because (excuse this one very disrespectful part) that was perhaps the dumbest decision I think you guys could have ever made. The only reason someone should have op is because they are an admin. Helpers especially should not have op under any circumstances. There is really no valid excuse you could ever give me for me to think that giving staff that are not admin op was a good idea. If I cannot use a VPN and people that are not admin are still getting op then I can say that I will not be logging into the server. I love the staff but unless you are an admin you should not have the ability to get my ip. As a player (and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way) I entrust that you guys are going to keep my ip secure and I log into the server thinking that the only ones that will have access are highly trusted staff members that are under contract (in case you are confused I mean admins). I would just like some clarification that staff members that are not admin+ no longer have op and will not being getting it again.

Part Two

Okay so this is the part that will controversial and I mean this with no disrespect to the staff or the people about to be mentioned in this part. I have nothing against them I just don't believe everything happening is okay.

Jobmaximous
    I haven't been around while he has been staff. That being said I don't care how great of a staff member you are double promotions should not be a thing. You should spend at LEAST a month as a rank before being promoted. No matter who it is ranks exist in a specific order for a reason. You don't go from being a mail boy in the office to being the CEO in one go. You have to work your way up. I don't think that people should skip ranks.

Again I haven't been here, but I also don't think someone who has been staff a month should be doing staff applications. This is me talking and I take my staff apps very seriously, ask @Ultimate_Derp if someone messed with my staff apps I got scary xD. Not to sound like a self conceded ***** who's on her high horse but it took me at least 5 months to be able to do staff applications and that was after helping with staff recruitment for a while and knowing what we were looking for. I don't know what the staff recruitment process is anymore but I personally don't think that this is okay.

Gamergirl
    Gamer has been a solid staff member for a long time. I'm not going to lie we def had our debates and our differences but overall she was a very active and dedicated staff member. I could see maybe if her in game account was hacked but even then I don't think it should have resulted in a demotion. If it's the first time that someones account gets compromised then just have them change their passwords and have them do everything they can to secure their account so it won't happen again. If it does happen again then you can demote them but if it's the first time I would just let it slide. Stuff happens ya know. Whether she was demoted or not the person on her account still has the info so it's not exactly like it made a difference.

Manuluke
    I don't even know where to start with this one to be honest. Luke has been one of the closest people to me on t wars for a while now so my opinion on this is def not unbiased I will admit that and I definitely recognize that. I think Lukes ban was not okay and I also did not agree with his demotion. Luke has always been a negative person and I understand that it can really grind gears sometimes but not everyone can have a happy go lucky personalty. After he was removed from the team he was warned for saying things like "things never change" In my opinion that is not staff disrespect again that's just stating an opinion. Eric I understand that you and Luke have never gotten along because you guys are so different but trying to silence anyone who inquires about his ban is just plain wrong and it really hurts me to see you saying these things. If everyone just agreed with every decision nothing would be questioned and you may not see flaws in your planning. Lukes "negativity" saved the staff team on multiple occasions from making stupid ill-thought out decisions. I really don't think he did anything to deserve his ban at least from the activity I saw on his account.

That's all I have for now. Please again don't remove this thread. This isn't meant to take a dig at the staff team I just want to know why these things are happening. Also I'm sorry if I don't reply for a while I am in Germany so I have been quite busy.<3

Edit - I just want to say, this post is not a post about Eric. I tagged him in the one part because those are just some of the bigger tips I've picked up while being an admin on t wars. I have absolutely nothing against Eric. Has he made some decisions that I'm against? Absolutely. That doesn't mean that I think he's a bad admin. He's new to t wars and he probably just hasn't figured out all the dynamics about the server yet. This is exactly what happened when Logan was first brought in as admin. Everyone has a hissy fit because it's a new admin and they bring new things to the server and they don't do things exactly as we did them before. After a while though I'm pretty sure the majority of the player base loved Logan. You just have to give Eric some time and hopefully once he figures out the dynamics of the server it will be better. Bringing admins that have never played on the server before into the position of admin is bound to cause issues which is why I think admins should work their way up or at least have experience on the server but unfortunately that's not how it works. Eric's position will not be changing anytime soon I'm pretty sure, I know there's a lot of threats about suing and contacting Lachlan to get him removed but I can almost promise you those won't work. Instead of trying to fight him on all these issues try working along with him and maybe you will get the results you want or at least a compromise. Speaking from experience, as an admin we were more likely to work with those who wanted to be civil and work with us rather than spam tag us in posts. <3

#1 Oreopros, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 19
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Kappa Kappa x 1
  2. Amaan

Amaan Well-Known Member

3. Teh

Teh Well-Known Member

Most random thing ever but I agree with what you’re saying

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Theninjakiller20

Mad respect especially with the part about my brother who shouldn't have been banned or demoted according to a lot of people xD.

Also If this post is locked then i seriously don't know what they are doing as doesn't break any rule and it would raise more questions about the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Amaan

Amaan Well-Known Member

Hello Sir Luke.

6. Theninjakiller20

Luke doesn't ban evaded. Hes still waiting for Eric to hopefully rethink his decision for once after banning him for 'server disrespect' after he said that there will never be change or something xD

7. Mega__

Mega__ Well-Known Member

I actually read the whole thing. ;-; Also, I agree with a good portion of your opinions and on Luke's "personality", I think it IS important to have at least one person with a more negative outlook. They would see some situations differently than if the whole staff is "happy go lucky". And that's important so that there's less mistakes made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Amaan

Amaan Well-Known Member

ok

9. RO__K

RO__K Well-Known Member

Jeeeez
    Word

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Kappa Kappa x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GamerGirl28

GamerGirl28 Well-Known Member

I can totally agree with my part. I see that Eric demoted me for a possible leak in the team, however, if someone saw that info, it would have been leaked anyway regardless of my demotion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RO__K

RO__K Well-Known Member

Ngl I have already ranted about this terrible admin core in many discords, just too lazy to point it out. Thanks for actually writing a thread on it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. JackDaSlime

JackDaSlime Well-Known Member

yeah good thread btw staff are going to lock

13. Flamehead321

Flamehead321 Helper
    Helper

I've been trying to write this reply for like 10 minutes cause I don't know how to word this.
    I read the whole post and am very concerned if most of this is true.
    The staff/admin team NEED to step up their game and stop doing all this shady business behind our backs.
    I feel super worried that if our admins and our lead staff cannot make simple decisions or think things out reasonably then this server is going to go into the ground.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rizkiin

Rizkiin Member

I give it two hours till it's locked

15. Excallbur

Excallbur Well-Known Member

16. FreshFrenchCrab

FreshFrenchCrab Well-Known Member

Oreo Snap me we need to talk

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  17. Oreopros

Oreopros Well-Known Member

I think more transparency would help a lot with many of the issues occurring between staff and players. <3

18. Akay

Akay Well-Known Member

:eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kalzo

Kalzo Well-Known Member

All true, glad to see someone who was actually staff speak out Lmao. Wouldn't honestly be surprised if you get banned or if this gets locked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Theninjakiller20

She'll probably be banned for the reason 'Speaking up and speaking the truth' xD

• Funny Funny x 1