My Resignation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ultimate_Derp, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultimate_Derp

Ultimate_Derp Former Administrator

Ultimate_Derp
    Hey adventurers,

Today comes a post i never thought i’d have to make. As of today, I am stepping down from my position on Treasure Wars. This is not an easy post for me to write, as I am the longest standing staff member here. I’m also the longest standing staff member of all time (yes, longer than oreo and manuluke).

It’s been a journey and a half for me. I got Helper on the 16th April 2016. I know, a long time ago, right? Well, let’s take a trip down memory lane…

So, how did I get staff? Well, the answer to that is the shoutbox. I was in there all the time, answering questions and talking to people. I suspect it to be pretty much the only reason I got staff. I was such a tryhard it wasn’t even funny.

Helper Derp, pretty uneventful. Although, the major thing that I did get during this time was the IGN I hold today. Formerly, I was Ultimate_Derp_1. I made some great friends straight away. First of all, @Jkdawg. This man was a tank and taught me a fair bit about Blacklisted mods. Secondly, @Oreopros. Definitely team mum right until Eraze and his team arrived. I also met @Epic__Pig. Man, me and you were such good friends, we don’t talk to much anymore, but you were there when times were hard. Also, Epiales. I highly doubt you check this anymore, but you were there for me and we played lots of games together on many servers. There are so many more. Liz, koda, gamer, dan, fluffy etc etc etc.

I got mod in September. This was huge for me. I ended up doing, and messing up, many ban reports. I did actually count them once, 1142. I counted this when I got Ban Team, so it’s not entirely accurate, but it isn't too far off. I tried so hard during this time. I loved my new responsibilities. Also, this was the period in which i got Adventurer in a rare key. I then started to play again with my brother. Before then, it had been a long time since I had played and, to be honest, I was pretty useless. I had fun though, however, I had mod for the shortest duration, compared to my other ranks.

In October, I got Ban Team. This was great for me as it meant I no longer played and I got loads of extra perms. This was the sort of time when Rhonim and Minecoder left. All I remember is that we certainly had no devs by this point. It may have been earlier (probably was) but I can’t remember honestly. This got me appeals. Now, as for the number of appeals I did, this number is pretty ridiculous. I was a member of the Ban Team (later renamed to sr mod) for 11 months. I was the most active on appeals for a fair chunk of that time (especially after Manuluke was demoted). I did around 5 thousand appeals. I know, sad, but I did it.

After this, Eraze, Eric and Chris joined the team. This was new hope for all of us. We started to get updates and active management and I was starting to enjoy my position again. Logan and Oreo resigned in July and August and Eric took over everything that they formerly did. I always had my eye on recruitment, right from the very start. I started to gain more responsibilities in this area as I was allowed to reject applications and interview candidates. Towards the end of Eric’s time here, I was almost running this myself. During this time, the man, the myth, the weirdo @Jobmaximous showed up. I’ve known this guy a long time. He started to do bug reports (and other stuff, before he yells at me for blaming his promo on bug reports only) and consequently earned a promotion to Sr Mod (Fluffy got promoted at the same time, if I remember correctly).

Finally, after 11 months at Ban Team/Sr Mod, I was promoted to Administrator along with Fluffy and Job in October 2017. I took over applications and i’ve been doing that ever since. Lots of things happened during this time, mainly changes to staff policy etc. Nothing of real interest.

Next up, Eraze left. This was a huge blow for us and is pretty much where we stand today.
    Now, the list of appreciation:

@Jkdawg - I credit you with a lot of the reason I got staff. We used to talk in the shoutbox together and you were super helpful when i needed it. Thanks for everything and I certainly would be far more useless without you

@doctorru - oh the memes, I remember when I asked you about my application when I was a lil noob. Good times, we used to talk all the time and we do every now and again, but times change I guess.

@Oreopros - You interviewed me, all I remember about that interview is everyone going mad when I got the ban evading question right and the sheer number of **** jokes. It was mental, and I’m grateful for the opportunity.

@liz - We started talking when I got Ban Team, I said many, many silly things to you a long time ago. I remember all the drama that you used to get caught up in, approximately none of it was fun.

@Dan - Damn son, we go way back and you’ve been eating ass all this time. We got promoted to Mod together the first time around, you then got Ban Team, resigned, and now you stand alongside me (or where I stood before today) as an Admin and I could not be more proud. Keep on trucking my dude.

@codenameflip - My dude, you were a fantastic dev and an even more awesome guy. You were an exceptional person to talk to and one of my favourite people ever to pass through this network, and certainly my most favourite dev. You are doing and will continue to do really well. Carry on. :D

@Eraze - You saved this server when no one thought it could be done. You’re the reason I got a red tag and the reason im still here. We didn’t talk much because timezones are horrible, but you’re super chill. Good luck with whatever comes next.

@OhBlihv - You’re a clever guy, you’ve fixed pretty much everything we’ve needed you to fix in a pinch and god knows how you managed to put up with @Jobmaximous for so long. Again, we didn’t talk too much because timezones, but, when we did, you were chill. Best of luck with what comes next.

@FluffyBear - The 2nd longest staff member after me, man, i’d happily call you one of my closest friends. You’ve been a great staff member thus far and you are one of few people that Manuluke plus 1ed in an interview. That in itself is an achievement. I hope we keep playing fortnite together, we may win a game eventually xD

@Jobmaximous - Dude, you’ve had a mad road here. We’ve had very different roads but we are now pretty much in the same place. You’ve done a lot for this server and you’ll do a lot for the next one. I’ll play memeplex with you, I know you need the hours and whatnot now xD. I hope we stay friends forever (no homo) and I know you’ll do something well one day.

@everyone who was staff whilst I was here - Thank you, thank you all for this adventure. You all touched the server and me (not the dodgy way) in a positive way.

@all players - Without you, there would be no adventure. I would happily call many of you friends. Thank you for your determination and understanding over the years.

Finally, I’d like to thank each and every one of you for your support. May our paths cross again on the next adventure, but for now, I bid you all farewell. <3

~ Derp

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • RIP RIP x 2
  2. Minerbeef

Minerbeef Active Member

Minerbeef
    Best of luck in life my guy..Shame I got no tag.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Lokiies

Lokiies Well-Known Member

Lokiies
    We haven't go on for a long time now, but wishing you the best bud.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. tooooooooooofast

tooooooooooofast Moderator

tooooooooooofast
    rip, gl in the future

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. splodgebox

splodgebox Active Member

rip... also rip '@jobaximous'

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. RagingBajan

RagingBajan Member

Best Of Luck

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. FreshFrenchCrab

FreshFrenchCrab Well-Known Member

Awe bye brother :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. jemaaa

jemaaa Member

Goodbye Derp, you did well and helped the server tons. Sad to see you go :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Nazgul

Nazgul Well-Known Member

Rip bye gl in life

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Mega__

Mega__ Well-Known Member

Fyreh
    No Derp, you're the reason I became staff. :( Bye...

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. FluffyBear

FluffyBear Former Administrator

Fl00fyBear
    Luke actually +7'd me, if I recall correctly. Best of luck, Derp, you've got so much potential and I honestly hope you the best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. FluffyPlays

FluffyPlays Moderator

FluffyPlays
    I'm gonna miss you a lot. Thanks Derp for the immense amount of work you've put into the server and in being a sincere and fantastic person. It was only a few months ago you did my interview and from then on have been a really good figure to look up to - now i got Dan! o heck, not that noob <3 - anyway I digress. See you around hopefully and i'm gonna do my best in regards of my future here and whats soon to come.

Good luck in your life and in your future!

-Fluffy

13. Ultimate_Derp

Ultimate_Derp Former Administrator

Ultimate_Derp
    Thanks bro, love you too

14. Felixthecat7

Felixthecat7 Previous Senior Moderator

Felixthecat7
    Derp you were an amazing staff member - thanks for the opportunity to work with you, I hope life serves you well <3

15. ThatsJustKarma

TooMuchKarma
  16. Epic_Pig

Epic_Pig Well-Known Member

wow... the time has come. Thank you for everything you've done for me and everyone at Treasure Wars. It's amazing how much time you've spent helping other people for the benefit of the server. I remember back when you got staff on your birthday in 2016 and the days when you ruled the shoutbox when it was actually a thing. You will be greatly missed and I hope you live a great life, and have fun in whatever it is you will be doing. Good luck Derp, and goodbye.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. yozzer

yozzer Active Member

rip dude u will be missed

18. KozmicAbby

KozmicAbby Community Administrator
    Administrator

KozmicAbby
    Admin
    Heck, we didn’t talk much. You did a great job on the team though and keeping the team together haha. Thanks for the time you were on the team takes a lot of dedication through good and bad times. Cya around Derp. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. solution4u

solution4u New Member

RIP Good Luck

20. GenBear

GenBear Well-Known Member

GenBear
    Thank you so much for everything you did for this server!! I'm always going to miss the good times!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.