Security Updates & Weekend Sale!

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by Eraze, Aug 26, 2017.

1. clayblizferno

clayblizferno New Member

I can't either

2. Teamsamcraft

Teamsamcraft New Member

Welp I can no longer play apparently....

3. itz_frozty

itz_frozty New Member

nice dud

4. Awomaan

Awomaan Well-Known Member

Hype

5. HeXplayz

HeXplayz Member

[​IMG]ze, post: 711053, member: 2830"]
    [​IMG]

Greetings Adventurers! I know updates are only meant to come every two weeks, however this weekend is different. We wanted to take some time to introduce some security upgrades this week that are more than relevant to everyone online, so be sure to take a read, soak it all in and I'll see you all again next weekend for our content update!

National Dog Day Sale (50% Off Pets)
    To celebrate National Dog Day, we've decided to host a HUGE 50% SALE on all pets for this weekend only! Along with this, there's also 35% off everything else on the store, so make sure you take advantage of this and stock up on goodies before the summer is over! Head over to the store and check out our awesome packages: buy.treasurewars.net

Two Factor Authentication
    After many suggestions, we've taken some time to ensure that users now have the ability to further protect their account from any kind of malicious attacks. Starting today, users will have the option to enable Two Factor Authentication on their accounts. To do this, simply type /2fa on the server, and you'll be instructed on how to enable it. When enabled, this means that each time you log on with a different IP, you'll need to enter a specific code in order to access any of the realms. This feature will also be forced for every Staff member on the team, meaning you can rest easy knowing that the accounts of our Team members are safe and secure at all times.

VPN Prevention System

Finally, we're putting our foot down and saying NO to users that are on VPN's. Using any kind of VPN or Anonymizer has been against the rules for quite some time, however we never had the tools in place to properly prevent it. With this update, we've deployed some incredibly smart technology to all realms, which should help to prevent over 95% of the available VPN services out there. The databases we are relying on are continuously updated every day, adding new IP's and applications to the blacklist that is now live on Treasure Wars. If you have any questions regarding this system, please don't hesitate to leave a comment, or ask an Administrator!

Forum Sync Removal (Temporary)
    After the countless weeks of issues, bugs and reports, we've finally decided to take down the current forum syncing system, until we can find a suitable replacement for it. This system has been giving us constant grief, as it continues to remove, add and edit the wrong things every day, and that's when it decides to work at all.. We understand that many users enjoy having their realm tags here on the forums, however until we can fix the issues we're experiencing with this old and outdated system, we're forced to remove them. We will keep you guys up to date with this system as we work on finding a solution, and we'll work on bringing it back as soon as possible!
    [/QUOTE]
    Yo @Erictigerawr to this new VPN system i now cant log into treasure wars and has far as i know i dont have a VPN,there may be one built in or something if so would you know how yo get rid of it? Please help me dude

6. Lokiies

Lokiies Well-Known Member

7. JackMiner991

JackMiner991 New Member

Fucking server I can't even join now cause they're trying to replace problems with even more problems

8. Skyguy88

Skyguy88 New Member

I'm having trouble logging in with the new security as well, but i understand nothing is perfect and i hope they can fix it soon I did research on vpn and proxy and made sure i had none active so I'm hoping it's a fixable bug. Thanks
    for trying to make the server a better place though.

9. FreshFrenchCrab

FreshFrenchCrab Well-Known Member

Don't swear please <3

10. Sebastian Rooks

yo yo yo, i cant log in with my console client
    fix this please... @Eraze

11. Excallbur

Excallbur Well-Known Member

Your aids.

12. Gertius

Gertius New Member

Replacing problems with more problems you are saying?

I'm going to give it my best bet that you are probably a sweaty mineman who switches to a different VPN when you are banned and now that this has been implemented you have to be legit or never play again. (jk)

I hope you understand, this update is to protect yourself from people trying to steal your account then joining the server you play on and removing everything you ever created. I'd like to thank the admins for this update to be fair, it was long needed.

13. JackMiner991

JackMiner991 New Member

What's the point of protecting everything I own on this server when I can't even play on it? I'd rather be able to play than not.

14. Gertius

Gertius New Member

Ohhhhh, you're banned?

15. JackMiner991

JackMiner991 New Member

YA IM BANNED

16. JackMiner991

JackMiner991 New Member

Or at least I think I am. I've never hacked and never intend to but because of this New Update that uses "Highly Smart Technology", I can't join. I get kicked everytime I try to, cause apparently, I'm usign a VPN.

17. Flexxxin

Flexxxin Moderator

Lol, the staff looking for bs reasons to have a sale on, oh well rip my bank account.

18. Prxtice

Prxtice Member

My vpn still works 10/10 update

19. Skyguy88

Skyguy88 New Member

does anyone know if the vpn and proxy errors are a bug? i noticed another server had this problem as well and i was also wondering if staff was working on it? Thanks in advance.

20. MAR_ROD_1008

MAR_ROD_1008 Member

Whens the next sale?