Should i Apply for helper? xD

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheSainz, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Apply or Not

1. dont apply nerd

38.9%
  2. sure apply

16.7%
  3. apply if ur gonna help us

44.4%
  1. Yagot

Yagot Well-Known Member

you should have asked me to proofread it and give feedback smh

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Flexxxin

Flexxxin Helper
    Helper

3. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

forgives me i forgot xD

• RIP RIP x 1
  4. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

May i know why thats your opinion?

5. Ethan45320

Ethan45320 New Member

I don't feel as if that's a good way at looking at it. Helper should only be a position of responsibility - not one where you should aim to improve your helping skills. That being said, staff shouldn't just be recruited because they'll fit well, but because the team is in need of new staff. And your point about "like helping people", whilst it may be necessary, you shouldn't apply based on your own personal need to sate your joy of helping, especially considering the whole position's aim is to help others, rather than yourself

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

Thats why i said to help remove Toxicity from our community

7. Ethan45320

Ethan45320 New Member

Whilst that may be necessary as a staff, I wouldn't put much emphasis on that in your application as it is cliché - everyone puts that in. You should try thinking of it in more genuine depth, to seperate you from all the applicants who will merely just say that

8. Yagot

Yagot Well-Known Member

What I mean by what I say is that if your goal is just to get the pink tag and become well known, then your motives are off. I say that you should apply if you help people and want to help better because that's what you do with the pink tag. People understand that you're someone they can direct their questions to. That's the significance of it. Being helper enables you to help more people better. There are other aspects of it, but that's the main one, and if that doesn't interest you or it's not something you desire, then I believe you won't last long as a staff member.

9. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

I want to make the server enjoyable for other people not just for me

-sometimes i think that u r my dad

• Kappa Kappa x 1
  10. Ethan45320

Ethan45320 New Member

Tbh, if anyone puts that in their application they are lying and are lazy. If you genuinely enjoy helping you would be spending your time at homeless centres and aged care facilities, rather than a Minecraft server. I believe that as long as you don't hate helping people you can be a good staff member. That question in the apps should only be used to categorised the 3 types of people making the app. 3. Is lying e.g. "I enjoy helping, there are lots of hackers". 2. Is genuine but for a self centred reason 1. Is genuine with depth for the servers sake, and is willing to have his app denied if the server doesn't need them.

But then again. What do I know about being a staff

11. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

You are absolutely right , but all i want to do is make this server a better place and obviously help everyone as i would be a helper

12. iiDavun

iiDavun Well-Known Member

Woah, wayyy too early xd

13. Kalzo

Kalzo Well-Known Member

you'll be taken the piss out of for being squeaky so no

14. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

my voice has gotten a lil bit deeper so :p

15. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

Its never too early to declare someone as ur dad

16. Kalzo

Kalzo Well-Known Member

Debatable

17. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

hmhmhm

18. Yagot

Yagot Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying but I still stick to what I said. I genuinely enjoy helping people, and I think that helped me perform well as a staff member. I don't help at homeless shelters and stuff like you said lol, but I have volunteered for a food drive and tutored all four years in high school. I like to think that good staff members display their helpful qualities outside of twars, but I don't actually know if that's applicable to all of them.

I've seen a lot of applications, and it's often very clear which ones have a chance and which don't. Sometimes, people might write a good app (Solid grammar/spelling, easy to read) but their reasons for wanting to become staff are a little off. (I voted for you btw lol, your app was well written and I had seen you helping people out on the forums.. but your toxic history worked against you)

When someone lies in their app it's surprisingly easy to tell. About 80% of staff apps I'd say have only one paragraph per question (maybe like 4 sentences) and a couple of grammar/spelling mistakes. If you can write a lot and write it well then you already have an above average staff app.

19. Woozter

Woozter Well-Known Member

Try and make yourself known to the staff before you apply (ik you already have xD). A good way is to be active on the forums or discord. Otherwise they won't know you and whether you're trust worthy :D

20. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

well i am good friends with ariel and i know job so idk what else xD