Should i Apply for helper? xD

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheSainz, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Apply or Not

1. dont apply nerd

38.9%
  2. sure apply

16.7%
  3. apply if ur gonna help us

44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _xDestinyx_

_xDestinyx_ Well-Known Member

_xDestinyx_
    could u help me or proof read mine please, I've made 6 apps and all have got denied xD

2. Yagot

Yagot Well-Known Member

Of course, write it in a Google doc, click share, and get shareable link. Then send it to me on here or on Discord and I'd be more than happy to help you out.

3. _xDestinyx_

_xDestinyx_
    kk, tysm <3

4. Woozter

Woozter Well-Known Member

Woozter
    I mainly mean forum activity because staff can see what you have been doing and review it before they accept/deny. Either way, gl with your app!

5. _xDestinyx_

_xDestinyx_
    started conversation with you :D

6. Nazgul

Nazgul Well-Known Member

Idk if someone already said this but even as helper you still have to just go around and record people hacking and submitt ar report

7. redponcho3

redponcho3 Well-Known Member

I don't know you and never knew you were staff

8. Ethan45320

Ethan45320 New Member

Do you want a medal

9. liz

liz Previous Senior Moderator

Up to you i guess.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

XanderSkrt
    I know about this but if I am in discord with a staff they can ban him or I can tell them

11. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

XanderSkrt
    Thanks for the positive feedback

12. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

XanderSkrt
    I know but I want to see if the community would like to give me feed back

13. Epic_Pig

Epic_Pig Well-Known Member

It's up to you

14. Awomaan

Awomaan Well-Known Member

A mil and yes

15. Voxize

Voxize Member

If you think you can keep up with the job like being able to be online, on disc, and constantly have to answer to messages about hackers or scammers then yes it would be great for ya!

16. catfisher4life

catfisher4life Well-Known Member

Here are my thoughts on this:

If you have to ask the community whether you should apply for a staff position or not, you probably want to see if the community likes you, or another outcome is that you want attention (I'm not accusing you of this, just saying that's a common motive behind people making posts like these). Let's talk about the first reason.

Staffing isn't an easy job, you get a lot of hate, look at what the current staff have done, and how much it's blown out of proportion, and then people complain about the understaffing, after they pressure current/old staff to resign or get demoted because they made a decision that they don't agree with, and can't cope with anything they don't like (I know it's a game, but harassing staff daily isn't apart of the game). For this reason, it seems very ironic how pre-applying (and assuming you get accepted) you care so much about the community, but after you're accepted, you see all the hate you get/they get for decisions that are right, it's a mob mentality that can't be touched, because they're never happy either way, hence why I said it's a mob mentality. I'm not saying staff don't care about the community, they obviously do, but whether they admit it or not, they do feel resentment for all the seemingly purposefulness hate they get.

Because of what I said, I wouldn't listen to the community on whether to apply for staff or not, because they are inherently biased, and make decisions with that. I actually talked about this with a staff member a month or so ago, about natural bias and how the staff team aims to avoid it, sort of different situation, but I have the same answer, I suppose.

my final advice to you is, be careful what you wish for. Sure, staffing for this server would be great, but can(will) you handle the hate you will get? And if so, how? These are all questions you should address in your staff application (take that part with a grain of salt, as I am not staff, but I feel like I'm on the right track). Don't mind the community on staff issues, for the most part anyways, because they are filled with resentment towards the staff team, and even if they say you should, I reckon that there is an 80% chance that they say this because they don't like the current staff team, and what better than a fresh face sh*t on?

If you want my personal advice, I wouldn't apply for staff, the fact that you felt that you should ask the community whether you should apply for staff shows your blissful ignorance, which there's nothing wrong with, however I would look out to change this if you're serious about applying for staff.

17. Phantom128

Phantom128 Active Member

Phantom128
    for as much hate staff gets I would still take pride in my actions if I was staff. Of course this was not meant for me so...

18. TheSainz

TheSainz Member

XanderSkrt
    i am just trying to see if the community would accept me if i became staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.