treasurewars.net Loading...
Join our offical discord server! Loading...

Freezing and Screensharing scene on Twars.

OCER

I'm sure a lot of people know by now that there are a lot of 'closet cheaters' on treasure wars. When they are reported via messages or any other form of ingame communication the reponse we receive is 'record and report'. This by all means would solve the problem if the person was hacking extremely blatantly but then it wouldn't be 'closet cheating' and most of the time when they are reported reports are often denied due to the cheats not being blatant enough. This could easily be fixed by a staff member watching the player pvp in /v. If they believe they are hacking they could clarify their thoughts with a freeze of the player and an SS. Not only would this notify the staff member weather the player was cheating or not but it would also let the player base know and shine more light onto detecting people who closet cheat. I am fully aware that staff do freeze players however, they have never tried to SS and most of the time the people they do freeze are bhopping or ect. This does not really solve anything.

Maybe a staff member could respond to this or shine some more light on the SS situation.

bwekky

Helper
Helper
Alpha Team
Event
They have every right to say no it will just result in a ban lol
If they say no and they get banned it will make players feel that they are being forced to show their documents. We do not screenshare for legal reason as noobbusters said and although it would be helpful to catch these "closet cheaters" we would get into serious trouble.

Milo

If they say no and they get banned it will make players feel that they are being forced to show their documents. We do not screenshare for legal reason as noobbusters said and although it would be helpful to catch these "closet cheaters" we would get into serious trouble.
^ exactly what i meant by 'forced', forced in the sense that literally any player could be picked on regardless of whether they are actually cheating and would then have to choose between someone going through their pc, invading their privacy or a ban.

Horn34

Helper
Helper
Alpha Team
Quality Assurance
I would personally love to see this but as it's already been said, I don't believe it's possible at the moment.

Tylerfw

If i got asked to be ss and that i would say no because staff team are useless they would install a virus into my computer that steal all of my files

CruderTax

Community Manager
Administrator
Alpha Team
Quality Assurance
Event
Content
Screen sharing will not be implemented on the server as we strongly believe it is an invasion of privacy and don't agree with it. We do have commands that allow staff to freeze hackers to prevent them from causing further havoc and we're also looking into a much better anti cheat for next season to crack down on the amount of hackers. If you do have anymore questions regarding this please feel free to privately message myself or any other members of the management team.

If i got asked to be ss and that i would say no because staff team are useless they would install a virus into my computer that steal all of my files
As for this, :facepalm: