treasurewars.net Loading...
Join our offical discord server! Loading...

Mine Event - Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzBen_

Former Sr. Mod
After the excitement of the maze yesterday I would really like to gather some feedback on how you think this type of event can be improved. I am sure everyone will understand that there was always a chance of there being a few bugs because we have never done something like this before, but we want to maintain a more regular event schedule with a variety of different types of events. Not only will it help us if you would like us to do another maze event, but this will be used when looking into other events. Here are the topics I would appreciate feedback on:

Design and Build Quality
This maze was entirely put together by the staff team so thanks to everyone who contributed to building this maze, that's the current staff as well as some people who had to leave us but will still appreciate everything they did for the event @CruderTax @HellaFlop @TheSuprMan. Let us know what you thought about the designs of the tunnels, the cavern area, PvP zones, maybe you would prefer more effort is put into those type of areas rather than the tunnels.

Parkour
There were a few areas inside the first layer which included some easier parkour with the main area in the cavern. One piece of feedback I picked up was that more checkpoints were needed and you shouldn't be able to see other players in these zones, tell me what you think about that. Also let us know if you think the event should be less parkour focused and there should be other ways of getting to the second layer.

Trailer
We haven't had an event trailer before, but to give a few more sneak peaks of some of the builds @FluffyBear put this together. It would be great to hear if trailers are something people would like to see in future for events!

PvP
We had 3 PvP areas in the maze each designed around some of the warzones from the older realms. In that sense the event wasn't very PvP focused which I am sure will divide opinion. Do you think there should be more PvP zones, or they should cover larger areas?

Commands Access
In this event you were allowed access to /feed, /fix, /spawn, /event, /msg, /staff, /heal and /pv, Are they other commands that you think should be allowed inside of the maze or maybe you would prefer removing access to PVs so the PvP areas become more useful.

Loot
The maze included a variety of different types ranging from a God Rank to Event Rune Pouches, the loot was better on the second layer to the first. It will be interesting to hear how much loot people got and if they thought the distribution of the loot was even or not. And yes we are aware of the issues with some of the items being flagged as duplicated and are working on fixing that issue for those affected.

Traps
There were a few sneaky traps around the maze that might have held up your progress, do you think the amount of traps was appropriate for each layer?

Feel free to include more generalised comments as well about the length of the event and anything else you would like to comment on :) Tell us if you would like to see the event again at some point, remember that it will run a lot smoother so don't base your opinion of that from an issue with this maze.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the excitement of the maze yesterday I would really like to gather some feedback on how you think this type of event can be improved. I am sure everyone will understand that there was always a chance of there being a few bugs because we have never done something like this before, but we want to maintain a more regular event schedule with a variety of different types of events. Not only will it help us if you would like us to do another maze event, but this will be used when looking into other events. Here are the topics I would appreciate feedback on:

Design and Build Quality
This maze was entirely put together by the staff team so thanks to everyone who contributed to building this maze, that's the current staff as well as some people who had to leave us but will still appreciate everything they did for the event @CruderTax @HellaFlop. Let us know what you thought about the designs of the tunnels, the cavern area, PvP zones, maybe you would prefer more effort is put into those type of areas rather than the tunnels.

Parkour
There were a few areas inside the first layer which included some easier parkour with the main area in the cavern. One piece of feedback I picked up was that more checkpoints were needed and you shouldn't be able to see other players in these zones, tell me what you think about that. Also let us know if you think the event should be less parkour focused and there should be other ways of getting to the second layer.

Trailer
We haven't had an event trailer before, but to give a few more sneak peaks of some of the builds @FluffyBear put this together. It would be great to hear if trailer are something people would like to see in future for events!

PvP
We had 3 PvP areas in the maze each designed around some of the warzones from the older realms. In that sense the event wasn't very PvP focused which I am sure will divide opinion. Do you think there should be more PvP zones, or they should cover larger areas?

Commands Access
In this event you were allowed access to /feed, /fix, /spawn, /event, /msg, /staff, /heal and /pv, Are they other commands that you think should be allowed inside of the maze or maybe you would prefer removing access to PVs so the PvP areas become more useful.

Loot
The maze included a variety of different types ranging from a God Rank to Event Rune Pouches, the loot was better on the second layer to the first. It will be interesting to hear how much loot people got and if they thought the distribution of the loot was even or not. And yes we are aware of the issues with some of the items being flagged as duplicated and are working on fixing that issue for those affected.

Traps
There were a few sneaky traps around the maze that might have held up your progress, do you think the amount of traps was appropriate for each layer?

Feel free to include more generalised comments as well about the length of the event and anything else you would like to comment on :) Tell us if you would like to see the event again at some point, remember that it will run a lot smoother so don't base your opinion of that from an issue with this maze.
Kewl, but when is my idea going to come in?

iTurtl3z

I absolutely loved the event and was gutted when I had to leave early for work, but there were some flaws that really held back the true potential of this event.

1.) That first bit of parkour where we had about 100 or so players all stuck in a tiny little parkour area, like it was close to impossible to seeing where you were trying to go. This in my opinion was quite a big deal as it meant those fortunate enough to clear it before that massive cluster were given valuable time to clear the rest of the maze while majority were stuck behind.

2.) Loot. Now don't get me wrong, the loot inside the maze was amazing and definitely worth the time, but was there enough loot for the 150 or so players we had participating? I personally found that a lot of people missed out while some people were looting up to as much as 3 chests for themselves.

3.) The Trailer- I loved it and it definitely peeked my interest after seeing it. Please keep on making trailers for future events :) thanks @FluffyBear

4.) Parkour- please add a command that's only enabled in parkour areas that grants the player the choice of toggling whether or not they see other players or not.

5.) The staff. Thank you so much to the staff team and for making this whole event possible. I enjoyed it so much and can't wait for the future events you guys will come up with.

GenBear

I absolutely loved the event and was gutted when I had to leave early for work, but there were some flaws that really held back the true potential of this event.

1.) That first bit of parkour where we had about 100 or so players all stuck in a tiny little parkour area, like it was close to impossible to seeing where you were trying to go. This in my opinion was quite a big deal as it meant those fortunate enough to clear it before that massive cluster were given valuable time to clear the rest of the maze while majority were stuck behind.

2.) Loot. Now don't get me wrong, the loot inside the maze was amazing and definitely worth the time, but was there enough loot for the 150 or so players we had participating? I personally found that a lot of people missed out while some people were looting up to as much as 3 chests for themselves.

3.) The Trailer- I loved it and it definitely peeked my interest after seeing it. Please keep on making trailers for future events :) thanks @FluffyBear

4.) Parkour- please add a command that's only enabled in parkour areas that grants the player the choice of toggling whether or not they see other players or not.

5.) The staff. Thank you so much to the staff team and for making this whole event possible. I enjoyed it so much and can't wait for the future events you guys will come up with.
Well said

Gunzal

I didn't play myself, but everything looked fine. The only thing that there was a problem with, was the amount of parkour. A lot of people got stuck in the first layer because of the parkour with the water underneath (people couldn't see anything because of the amount of players).
If we were to make so much parkour ever again, I say we make checkpoints more often, especially in the parkour areas.

FluffyPlays

Perhaps for the future we could have a command to toggle players so that people can see where they are going that is a good suggestion. With the loot it really was a race for it so I think it was fair but I do see where you are coming from, maybe it could've been good if players were given say 5 keys to open chests that way no one person could take it all?

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the event! :D

Arcanum2210

If everyone managed to get a prize what's the point of scattering chests around the maze when we can /giveall players stuff?

It's an event for a reason, and if you don't get anything from it, tough luck :/

Jenson

Thought it was pretty good event (apart from 2 of my faction being banned). One major issue for me was the "class crates". If you're going to find a chest in the maze which I found about 8-9 of you should be guaranteed the class. I didn't get any out of 4 and one even said it had already been claimed, like wtf? Thought the event rune pouches were pretty cool and well worth getting. Just on the commands you could do you couldn't do /pv if you want to change that. Other issue not enough staff on to answer questions( could have predicted that on cursed). And finally the confusion between the maze and parkour event. There was no distinction between both of them. The parkour came at the end of the maze, but there was rewards for first place for both we were told? It was all very confusing at the end. The parkour should have just been included in the actual maze and not at the end because it added too much confusion. Also checkpoints on the parkour :p

RyanPryor

The Build Design was decent to be honest, pretty well themed and seemed to flow nicely. Only complaint would be that the maze really wasn't big enough and the loot could have been spaced out more, another good feature would be to add random loot drops to keep people running around the mazes rather than just leaving once all of the chests have been looted.

In my opinion the Parkour was perhaps the greatest downfall of the entire event, The first couple bits of parkour perhaps ruined everyone's chances of getting decent gear. There was literally hundreds of people doing the parkour at the same time and made it literally impossible to see where to jump, this meant whilst everyone was struggling to event see where they had to go the lucky 5 or so people that managed to get past the parkour looted everything before anyone else had a chance. This meant a few people had all of the loot whilst a vast majority had none at all.

The loot, i cannot comment on because of the previous comment, i and many other people were not able to obtain any loot at all.

The trailer was pretty cool, a nice way to raise attention and hype.

If i'm honest the PVP was a little pointless, easily avoidable and wasn't particularly necessary for a maze type of event.

Commands such as /ah and /home, /spawn /f home etc would be pretty helpful, other than that there wasn't really many issued regarding commands, one addition could be something like /rewards which would allow users to see which rewards have been taken and how many people have already finished.

Traps, to me were pretty pointless i only saw a few web traps which were easily avoidable and i could imagine if anyone was to fall in one it would just be greatly annoying.

I think the greatest issue with the event was that everyone thought it was a maze event, Mazes don't require any skill at all which means ANYONE can play,enjoy and win however, the very long and difficult parkour meant that only people that really have parkour skills had a chance at getting the best prizes. Also, i would definitely recommend making people invisible just to make parkour easier. If you're thinking of hosting a maze event in the future, perhaps consider just making a HUGE maze with minimal parkour.

Edit: Checkpoints for the parkour would make it a little easier and more enjoyable for those that aren't particularly good at parkour

Last edited:

ItzBen_

Former Sr. Mod
Thought it was pretty good event (apart from 2 of my faction being banned). One major issue for me was the "class crates". If you're going to find a chest in the maze which I found about 8-9 of you should be guaranteed the class. I didn't get any out of 4 and one even said it had already been claimed, like wtf? Thought the event rune pouches were pretty cool and well worth getting. Just on the commands you could do you couldn't do /pv if you want to change that. Other issue not enough staff on to answer questions( could have predicted that on cursed). And finally the confusion between the maze and parkour event. There was no distinction between both of them. The parkour came at the end of the maze, but there was rewards for first place for both we were told? It was all very confusing at the end. The parkour should have just been included in the actual maze and not at the end because it added too much confusion. Also checkpoints on the parkour :p
Thanks for you feedback, but could you clarify what you meant here pls :)
Thought the event rune pouches were pretty cool and well worth getting. Just on the commands you could do you couldn't do /pv if you want to change that.

xDestructive

I reaaly enjoyed the event. I finished 5th on reforged and got 2 rune pouches, 2 mystery class crates, and 6 mythic keys.

Despite this, I felt there were two issues with this event. One being the lack of staff that were present. At it's peak, over 500 players were online with just 5-6 staff managing it. The helpers also were given no perms so they were quite useless. I fell that the helpers should be allowed /fly for events to monitor what happens.

My other concern was with the glitch on the class crates. Many people who opened theirs lost them. Luckily I recorded after I heard what had been happening and it did end up happening to me (waiting on my bug report to be checked.)

ItzBen_

Former Sr. Mod
The Build Design was decent to be honest, pretty well themed and seemed to flow nicely. Only complaint would be that the maze really wasn't big enough and the loot could have been spaced out more, another good feature would be to add random loot drops to keep people running around the mazes rather than just leaving once all of the chests have been looted.

In my opinion the Parkour was perhaps the greatest downfall of the entire event, The first couple bits of parkour perhaps ruined everyone's chances of getting decent gear. There was literally hundreds of people doing the parkour at the same time and made it literally impossible to see where to jump, this meant whilst everyone was struggling to event see where they had to go the lucky 5 or so people that managed to get past the parkour looted everything before anyone else had a chance. This meant a few people had all of the loot whilst a vast majority had none at all.

The loot, i cannot comment on because of the previous comment, i and many other people were not able to obtain any loot at all.

The trailer was pretty cool, a nice way to raise attention and hype.

If i'm honest the PVP was a little pointless, easily avoidable and wasn't particularly necessary for a maze type of event.

Commands such as /ah and /home, /spawn /f home etc would be pretty helpful, other than that there wasn't really many issued regarding commands, one addition could be something like /rewards which would allow users to see which rewards have been taken and how many people have already finished.

Traps, to me were pretty pointless i only saw a few web traps which were easily avoidable and i could imagine if anyone was to fall in one it would just be greatly annoying.

I think the greatest issue with the event was that everyone thought it was a maze event, Mazes don't require any skill at all which means ANYONE can play and win however, the very long and difficult parkour meant that only people that really have parkour kills had a chance at getting the best prizes. Also, i would definitely recommend making people invisible just to make parkour easier. If you're thinking of hosting a maze event in the future, perhaps consider just making a HUGE maze with minimal parkour.
Thanks for such a detailed response, I understand what you mean about the highly congested first parkour which as soon as we identified as a issue we added a ladder for people to bypass it but obviously at this point it was too late.
One being the lack of staff that were present. At it's peak, over 500 players were online with just 5-6 staff managing it. The helpers also were given no perms so they were quite useless. I fell that the helpers should be allowed /fly for events to monitor what happens.
All staff were in spectator mode, this allowed them to fly through the walls and monitor people who were not following the server rules. We tried to operate as efficiently as possible removing these people but giving helpers access to ban players was not an option. As with the amount of staff online we tried to keep 2-3 on each realm, including a senior mod+ on each realm, when chat is going by so fast it is hard to keep up with replying to questions.

xDestructive

Thanks for such a detailed response, I understand what you mean about the highly congested first parkour which as soon as we identified as a issue we added a ladder for people to bypass it but obviously at this point it was too late.

All staff were in spectator mode, this allowed them to fly through the walls and monitor people who were not following the server rules. We tried to operate as efficiently as possible removing these people but giving helpers access to ban players was not an option. As with the amount of staff online we tried to keep 2-3 on each realm, including a senior mod+ on each realm, when chat is going by so fast it is hard to keep up with replying to questions.
Oh i was unaware that helpers were given spectator mode. Although even though this is true, with over 100 people on each realm, more than 3 staff would be needed to monitor everything. I'd say atleast 5-6.

ItzBen_

Former Sr. Mod
Oh i was unaware that helpers were given spectator mode. Although even though this is true, with over 100 people on each realm, more than 3 staff would be needed to monitor everything. I'd say atleast 5-6.
I would love to have 5-6 staff on each realm but that's a team of 20-24 people who can make the event so a staff team of around 30+. Hopefully we can recruit more people for the future and I certainly wouldn't plan an event needing so much manpower when we have a small team.

Status
Not open for further replies.