treasurewars.net Loading...
Join our offical discord server! Loading...

Noble Cause: Rebirth of TreasureWars!

Should this change happen?

• Yes, we want a change!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No, the server is going to continue dying!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaozhu

It has come to the attention for quite a long time that our community is no longer stable. Within every single server, there is some sort of toxicity that continues to spread like an infection. Treasure Wars was originally a great faction server with a reliable staff and an engaged community. As we continue to look forward, we only come to notice the flaws that are obviously there. The community is beyond repair with almost no chance of fixing what has been broken. Rollbacks and all these ideas for updates are made with no support. It is as if you, as staff, continue to write a book with no conclusion.

A recent incident involving duplication of valuable items has destroyed the economies of both Bandit and Cursed. I have been a loyal player of Cursed since the end of season one. Everyday I get on, I only see the loss of population and the spread of the cancerous personalities within most of these players. It is difficult to watch such a well-created server get destroyed by a bunch of low-life five year old(s) because they lack any moral or discipline. Our community is dead, that is the easiest and simplest way to put it.

But I know what will happen is that I will be judged for my opinion. I will get a poorly written response that the staff works hard and with much dedication to fix the server. But ever since that blonde-babbling idiot Lachlan had left, we have seen nothing but a constant decay in population and staff involvement. We do not want anymore crap and lies, we want some growth and change. We want to see more advertisements and staff involvement. There needs to be more production and gain than loss and lack of commitment.

Many of us from the Cursed family stands together with the idea of not only doing a reset on Cursed, but doing a network reset. Yes, this will take much time and much effort, but you have to understand we love and value this server. Please, staff, do not let this foolishness continue. This server has far too much potential to have it wasted. We can make this cause happen if you would only listen to your players. Discontinue this lack of action and let us make something happen.

> Summary <
1. Network Reset
2. Economy Management
3. Staff Interaction and Activity
4. Constant Updates

Yaozhu

Noble in the sense of generosity, kindness, and humbleness. We believe that a reset would genuinely have such a positive impact on the community.

Felixthecat7

Former Sr. Mod
It has come to the attention for quite a long time that our community is no longer stable. Within every single server, there is some sort of toxicity that continues to spread like an infection. Treasure Wars was originally a great faction server with a reliable staff and an engaged community. As we continue to look forward, we only come to notice the flaws that are obviously there. The community is beyond repair with almost no chance of fixing what has been broken. Rollbacks and all these ideas for updates are made with no support. It is as if you, as staff, continue to write a book with no conclusion.
I feel to resolve this issue the community and the staff team need to work together, not alone. Instead of the relentless toxicity battle between staff and players we need to make sure we work together to discuss updates and resolve issues that occur. If you have suggestions on better ways to do this, make sure to let me know!

A recent incident involving duplication of valuable items has destroyed the economies of both Bandit and Cursed. I have been a loyal player of Cursed since the end of season one. Everyday I get on, I only see the loss of population and the spread of the cancerous personalities within most of these players. It is difficult to watch such a well-created server get destroyed by a bunch of low-life five year old(s) because they lack any moral or discipline. Our community is dead, that is the easiest and simplest way to put it.
Whilst duping has caused some severe issues, we are looking into our options for fixes and soon it will be resolved :) . As with the loss of population that is due to 3 main issues: Advertisement, content and bugs and issues. Advertisement I will discuss more a little further in this response, I would argue we are doing ok on content :p , bugs and issue's are something that are a problem on any server and something I agree is not helping Treasure Wars, but it is also something we are controlling, and beginning to work on harder to benefit Twars.

But I know what will happen is that I will be judged for my opinion. I will get a poorly written response that the staff works hard and with much dedication to fix the server. But ever since that blonde-babbling idiot Lachlan had left, we have seen nothing but a constant decay in population and staff involvement. We do not want anymore crap and lies, we want some growth and change. We want to see more advertisements and staff involvement. There needs to be more production and gain than loss and lack of commitment.
With this I cant really argue, I dont want to class my response as poorly written or just stating lies - I fully believe that the team is working hard to improve the server. In all honesty, I completely agree there are areas we need to improve upon as a team, a community and a server but we will work on it and threads like this challenge our processes and make us work harder :) . I would argue we dont deal in "crap and lies" but instead try to work with what we have, but yes "growth and change is needed" and the community and the team need to work together to make that happen.

In terms of advertisement, not many youtubers are interested in recording a long term and so commited series such as factions. Whilst it is our long term aim to find suitable youtubers, it will take some time - so for now we need to find other more accessible forms of advertisement.

Could you expand further on staff involvement, I would like some specific examples and ideas as I would argue we are as a team very active and involved.

Many of us from the Cursed family stands together with the idea of not only doing a reset on Cursed, but doing a network reset. Yes, this will take much time and much effort, but you have to understand we love and value this server. Please, staff, do not let this foolishness continue. This server has far too much potential to have it wasted. We can make this cause happen if you would only listen to your players. Discontinue this lack of action and let us make something happen.
I am interested in how many people would like a reset, please respond to this message with your opinions guys! I agree the servers full potential is not being reached, but people have to understand its not as simple as listening to the community. We need to communicate with you guys for ideas / views and general co-operation; but just because something is a good idea does not mean it is always possible. However, I would argue that we need to talk to the community more about updates and future ideas, would you agree?

Mega__

I would argue we are doing ok on content :p
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but you're really not. The problem with people staying on Treasure Wars is them actually having something to do. Over the past months we haven't had any actual gameplay updates. We need something like new quests and events to do, not item nametags and rift summoners. I mean yes thank god we finally have item nametags, but at least make them available in-game, and the same goes for alteration orbs.

Flexxxin

I feel to resolve this issue the community and the staff team need to work together, not alone. Instead of the relentless toxicity battle between staff and players we need to make sure we work together to discuss updates and resolve issues that occur. If you have suggestions on better ways to do this, make sure to let me know!

Whilst duping has caused some severe issues, we are looking into our options for fixes and soon it will be resolved :) . As with the loss of population that is due to 3 main issues: Advertisement, content and bugs and issues. Advertisement I will discuss more a little further in this response, I would argue we are doing ok on content :p , bugs and issue's are something that are a problem on any server and something I agree is not helping Treasure Wars, but it is also something we are controlling, and beginning to work on harder to benefit Twars.

With this I cant really argue, I dont want to class my response as poorly written or just stating lies - I fully believe that the team is working hard to improve the server. In all honesty, I completely agree there are areas we need to improve upon as a team, a community and a server but we will work on it and threads like this challenge our processes and make us work harder :) . I would argue we dont deal in "crap and lies" but instead try to work with what we have, but yes "growth and change is needed" and the community and the team need to work together to make that happen.

In terms of advertisement, not many youtubers are interested in recording a long term and so commited series such as factions. Whilst it is our long term aim to find suitable youtubers, it will take some time - so for now we need to find other more accessible forms of advertisement.

Could you expand further on staff involvement, I would like some specific examples and ideas as I would argue we are as a team very active and involved.

I am interested in how many people would like a reset, please respond to this message with your opinions guys! I agree the servers full potential is not being reached, but people have to understand its not as simple as listening to the community. We need to communicate with you guys for ideas / views and general co-operation; but just because something is a good idea does not mean it is always possible. However, I would argue that we need to talk to the community more about updates and future ideas, would you agree?
Pretty much summed up what I was going to say, great work Felix :D

Sequazy

I would like a reset. The times when people get on the most is for reset and events. Events can be bi-weekly and they don't have to be huge events just small ones and have a bigger one every once in a while. Get a select group of staff who are in charge of making that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.