treasurewars.net Loading...
Join our offical discord server! Loading...

The Future of TreasureWars

Azer

Let's talk about reset. The 30 minute or so delay at wasn't so bad, although I don't know what to think about getting DDOSed. I'll start with good things we saw, the warzone is incredible, imps and wandering champs are a lot more common so the warzone was quite fun and spawns are very nice and compact like older seasons. Server was smooth after the DDOS and render distance was increased. Now the bad, the server ran smoothly until Lilyproxy V2 came along and is still disconnecting people the 2nd day into the server. I also missed a key all along with a lot of players who got disconnected at the same time but I'm not too annoyed about that myself. I also heard the anticheat was banning random players. (lol) What I don't understand is how this many bugs are still on the server. Could staff not see that commands were disabled, scrolls were broken, washup chests were broken, warzone bosses are broken etc. Another huge problem is that the loot economy is broken since imps drop tons of slot crystals and heroic skips for example, items which are supposed to be rare and fairly difficult to obtain. Are god sets supposed to be easy to make? Are scrolls supposed to be easy to complete and make novelty items/spawners common? Top tier consumables such as heroic skips and slot crystals should be hard to get that’s just logic, rarity and usefulness should be proportional. I'm sure more people can add to these issues.

It seems like every reset just breaks and at this point our hope for the server is becoming non-existent. We criticize the devs constantly and will continue to because we don't SEE any improvements in bugs and the consistency of the server. Sure, the additions are incredible but the problems of the server don't allow us to enjoy these amazing new features and ideas. Which is why I feel like this reset was a complete blow off because you can't reset a server with so many core functions of gameplay disabled and so many bugs preventing us from playing the game properly. Now, the devs could have completely recoded the server and put countless effort into it but the execution was horrible and they will never be given a break until they can finally show the community what they deserve; a working server. In conclusion, we have an unbalanced reset AGAIN, an unplayable server, and if this was possible it is now - even less faith in the staff team.

Moving on, if these issues aren't fixed quickly it will result in another dead server like it became towards the end of last season because people just won't want to trust that there will be any improvements and it will be extremely difficult to play on the server with the disconnects, hence 30 players being online at this moment, 2nd day in. We’ve lost more than half the player base over the last 2 years and the state of the server discourages any new players from joining and that’s why 90% of the server are God ranks..

A quick message to the TreasureWars Staff team: How many chances do you honestly need to make it right, you said you had it last time and we trusted you, you messed up and we still gave you a chance and you won’t even explain what’s going on. You’ve recycled the same excuses since this started and it makes the community lose faith in the team and the server, and you can’t blame us for that. You had more than half a year in beta and the past month and we can’t even stay in the server for more than 20 minutes, and you tell us to be patient. Get it together because more and more people are giving up on the server. This community can be great but you can’t expect continued support when we’ve been waiting 2 years for a decent server and still got punched in the face with this newest reset. Is this the best you can do? You said TreasureWars will be back to its glory days with this reset, and you couldn’t have been more wrong. We have been let down again and the staff can’t even give us a good reason why.

TLDR; We’ve been waiting over a year for a decent server, we've constantly been mistreated through the sloppy coding of the devs and bad management and we were once again given a terrible reset. Moving forward we need transparency and commitment if you want to return TWars to its glory days, like you promised.

To be honest, I agree with every point and couldn't have put this better myself. Management team say they will fix all bugs with the recode. There is no recode and all the bugs are even worse than before. fml.

First post i fully agree with. Only hope now is if server gets stable and all consumbles fixed and working, then good updates like catacomes and tvaults fixed, Then there is some hope.

Birhak

Let's talk about reset. The 30 minute or so delay at wasn't so bad, although I don't know what to think about getting DDOSed. I'll start with good things we saw, the warzone is incredible, imps and wandering champs are a lot more common so the warzone was quite fun and spawns are very nice and compact like older seasons. Server was smooth after the DDOS and render distance was increased. Now the bad, the server ran smoothly until Lilyproxy V2 came along and is still disconnecting people the 2nd day into the server. I also missed a key all along with a lot of players who got disconnected at the same time but I'm not too annoyed about that myself. I also heard the anticheat was banning random players. (lol) What I don't understand is how this many bugs are still on the server. Could staff not see that commands were disabled, scrolls were broken, washup chests were broken, warzone bosses are broken etc. Another huge problem is that the loot economy is broken since imps drop tons of slot crystals and heroic skips for example, items which are supposed to be rare and fairly difficult to obtain. Are god sets supposed to be easy to make? Are scrolls supposed to be easy to complete and make novelty items/spawners common? Top tier consumables such as heroic skips and slot crystals should be hard to get that’s just logic, rarity and usefulness should be proportional. I'm sure more people can add to these issues.

It seems like every reset just breaks and at this point our hope for the server is becoming non-existent. We criticize the devs constantly and will continue to because we don't SEE any improvements in bugs and the consistency of the server. Sure, the additions are incredible but the problems of the server don't allow us to enjoy these amazing new features and ideas. Which is why I feel like this reset was a complete blow off because you can't reset a server with so many core functions of gameplay disabled and so many bugs preventing us from playing the game properly. Now, the devs could have completely recoded the server and put countless effort into it but the execution was horrible and they will never be given a break until they can finally show the community what they deserve; a working server. In conclusion, we have an unbalanced reset AGAIN, an unplayable server, and if this was possible it is now - even less faith in the staff team.

Moving on, if these issues aren't fixed quickly it will result in another dead server like it became towards the end of last season because people just won't want to trust that there will be any improvements and it will be extremely difficult to play on the server with the disconnects, hence 30 players being online at this moment, 2nd day in. We’ve lost more than half the player base over the last 2 years and the state of the server discourages any new players from joining and that’s why 90% of the server are God ranks..

A quick message to the TreasureWars Staff team: How many chances do you honestly need to make it right, you said you had it last time and we trusted you, you messed up and we still gave you a chance and you won’t even explain what’s going on. You’ve recycled the same excuses since this started and it makes the community lose faith in the team and the server, and you can’t blame us for that. You had more than half a year in beta and the past month and we can’t even stay in the server for more than 20 minutes, and you tell us to be patient. Get it together because more and more people are giving up on the server. This community can be great but you can’t expect continued support when we’ve been waiting 2 years for a decent server and still got punched in the face with this newest reset. Is this the best you can do? You said TreasureWars will be back to its glory days with this reset, and you couldn’t have been more wrong. We have been let down again and the staff can’t even give us a good reason why.

TLDR; We’ve been waiting over a year for a decent server, we've constantly been mistreated through the sloppy coding of the devs and bad management and we were once again given a terrible reset. Moving forward we need transparency and commitment if you want to return TWars to its glory days, like you promised.
Why do you have this much time in your hands?

Tylerfw

All tho some of the points your made are true but to completely recode a server in a month is not long enough they didnt want to delay it anymore they are doing there best in the time they had. The more posts you make like this the more time the staff team have to waste on stupid stuff like this the longer the bugs take to fix

Azer

All tho some of the points your made are true but to completely recode a server in a month is not long enough they didnt want to delay it anymore they are doing there best in the time they had. The more posts you make like this the more time the staff team have to waste on stupid stuff like this the longer the bugs take to fix
I don’t think the staff taking 5 mins to read this will really affect their work. I gave this from the side of the community and what most people feel since this has happened so many times before and clearly people are beginning to get sick of putting their hope in the server anymore. I can only hope that staff team will fix the bugs and make the server playable. I didn’t only criticize them if you couldn’t tell, they made some incredible additions to the server. I am sure they are putting effort into the server and I cannot imagine how difficult a recode for a server would be and how time consuming also. As Obi said in his news post on Discord, the main thing was transparency and I am very happy that he mentioned this and are working on it. This post was meant to highlight some frustrations that the community had in hope that staff can also see it from our own perspective.

no, they said that they have already recoded it several times, which they hadn't. Nobody actually cared about a recode, we just wanted bugs to be fixed and new content. As long as we got that, we would be happy - unfortunately they couldnt deliver this.

hawkes1

tbh just blame envyful for nothing working. as for the lily proxy, myself can birhak can take responsibility for that.

ItzDonut

Having been a staff member, through the release of the new Pirate season 1, this is the most respectful way that a member of the community has brought forward what has been wrong with a reset. I would 100% agree with all the points you have made and think the staff should take the time to read it.

MagneticMC

Can you make a YouTube channel,

CritchReturnss

Fr im hoping the server comes back to life after tonight

Firosee

Just thought i would add to this - they have now gone ahead and somehow broken player vaults, how is this possible? Good question. It just seems they are breaking the server more and more.

Dont get me started on how incompient the staff is, there were 20 people on, and i was voicing my issues in game, and i get muted for "spam" because i sent 5 consecutive messages over the course of about 1 minute, as no one else was typing. Went and posted the image in the discord, and asked the mod who muted me to add more light to the issue, and then i get banned from the discord for advertising. What the actual ****. How on earth is an image of the server (my punishment) advertising?

It is such a shame to see how all the staff members have ruined the entire server. Literally every single feature is broken. How are they running a faction server where enchantments are not working? where FTOP is not working, that is legit 2 of the key parts of a factions server. /wild is not working, You want us to run to borders? **** me. /trade is down? Ok then i guess we will just get scammed by kids?

I suggested to close the server, fix all the bugs and re-release, and then do a giveaway of some sort to apologise, and in response to this, one of the mods just said "lmao". It is so sad to see the server which actually first got me into minecraft factions, and actually inspired me to make my own server, go so downhill and become such a state.

+1 on everything you said, in conclusion, i am just dissapointed really.