treasurewars.net Loading...
Join our offical discord server! Loading...

The Golden Knife (and why it should be removed)

Remove the Golden Knife?

• Yes

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No, Make it Better

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No, Keep it how it is

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landon

Best Option: Remove It
The Golden Knife was a fun gimmick back in the day. However, today it feels like everyone and their mother has one. Regardless of how many there are though, it still makes you wary of pvp and most people wouldn’t fight in their god set because of this. Having a one hit kill item just because you were lucky doesn’t seem fair.

Now, if you don’t remove it (you should though), here are a few ways it could be balanced.

Other Option: Make it Better

Chances
If the Knife stays, maybe there could be some sort of success or destroy rate like a rune. It has a certain percent chance of working.

Backfiring
Now this is the edgy suggestion, I doubt a lot will like it but there could be small chance of the Golden Knife backfiring it and killing you. I know this sound counterintuitive but what it would do is make people that use the knife go naked so they aren’t afraid of losing anything. Either that or they wouldn’t wear anything useful or that good. That gives the person using the knife a chance to kill them before losing everyone.

Cooldown
Just literally put a cooldown on the Golden Knife.

Countdown
This suggestion is probably another unpopular one; If there isn’t backfiring, when you hit someone with a Golden Knife, there could be a 3-5 second countdown before they are killed with a small chance to fight back.

Half Knife
Instead of instantly killing someone, maybe it could just be to where it removes half of their health, or 75%, or some number. Another chance for them to fight back.

I think a lot of people are tired of the Golden Knife, and I would much rather see it removed than have to implement a nerf for it. If they don’t remove it, I hope you add one of the suggestions here or another one that someone else comes up with. Let me know why you think.

FreshFrenchCrab

I personally like the knife. It is a way treasure wars is different from other servers. I think lower chances to get the knife is the best way to go.

boduh

The Golden Knife was a fun gimmick back in the day. However, today it feels like everyone and their mother has one. Regardless of how many there are though, it still makes you wary of pvp and most people wouldn’t fight in their god set because of this. Having a one hit kill item just because you were lucky doesn’t seem fair.

Now, if you don’t remove it (you should though), here are a few ways it could be balanced.

Chances
If the Knife stays, maybe there could be some sort of success or destroy rate like a rune. It has a certain percent chance of working.

Backfiring
Now this is the edgy suggestion, I doubt a lot will like it but there could be small chance of the Golden Knife backfiring it and killing you. I know this sound counterintuitive but what it would do is make people that use the knife go naked so they aren’t afraid of losing anything. Either that or they wouldn’t wear anything useful or that good. That gives the person using the knife a chance to kill them before losing everyone.

Cooldown

Countdown
This suggestion is probably another unpopular one; If there isn’t backfiring, when you hit someone with a Golden Knife, there could be a 3-5 second countdown before they are killed with a small chance to fight back.

Half Knife
Instead of instantly killing someone, maybe it could just be to where it removes half of their health, or 75%, or some number. Another chance for them to fight back.

I think a lot of people are tired of the Golden Knife, and I would much rather see it removed than have to implement a nerf for it. If they don’t remove it, I hope you add one of the suggestions here or another one that someone else comes up with. Let me know why you think.
Bruh you don’t even play

MinecrftGAMING

I think that the amount of damage it does should be reduced. To rid of it would be too much and would result in many players quitting

MaxedPain

I like the golden knife as it makes treasure wars treasure wars but I believe they should make it rarer +1 on some ideas

eZlee

Yeah I’ve seen that thread but it’s old and I doubt they will see it.
Lol it was posted in the announcements on the official twars disc
“I doubt they will see it”
Buddy
Also pretty sure majority of server needs to want it for it to be changed. On my post it was like 60 to 25, but considering the state of the server the devs couldn’t give more care than a rats ass about it
So good luck

Landon

Lol it was posted in the announcements on the official twars disc
“I doubt they will see it”
Buddy
Also pretty sure majority of server needs to want it for it to be changed. On my post it was like 60 to 25, but considering the state of the server the devs couldn’t give more care than a rats ass about it
So good luck
My point wasn't that they wouldn't see it but that they had forgotten about it or it was lost in the wind.

truebacca1985

Chances

Backfiring

Cooldown

Countdown

Half Knife

The golden knife is fine just make it so people cant dupe the knives and then it will be better

truebacca1985

golden knives are make the game for enticing, when you find out someone has a knife you got to think of a way to out smart them.

Slpstk

I feel like a cooldown and a chance of it not working would be really nice considering it would stop dupers from knifing multiple times in a row on the same account and it might not even work. If we weren't considering duped knives then all it comes down to is luck. If someone was lucky enough they could pull 3 god ranks in a row. The chances are extremely low but it is possible. The knife could use a rework but i see nothing wrong with it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.