treasurewars.net Loading...
Join our offical discord server! Loading...

The Ladder of Consequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindlessly

The server has a justice system in place for a reason and if someone is a staff member it is there is obligation to follow it. So? The reason I'm making this post is because a particular member of 'staff' (seeing as they don't like me using that term) claims that they 'do not have the time to look at the ladder' and if they make any sanction it is 'likely to be permanent'. Yesterday, I was permanently muted for spamming. This was after typing 3 numbers in the chat. This was my first offence so the correct punishment for this according to the server's rules is a 2 hour mute. Obviously, it is going to take a lot longer than this for a staff member to even see my appeal which is rather frustrating seeing as I was incorrectly punished in the first place. I don't see why someone should have ban and mute privileges if they are not going to use them in the correct fashion. Also, this 'staff' member also said that 'in previous times where he has done this the mute has been shortened to a week'. Why should I be muted for a week if what I did is only worthy of a 2 hour mute? Quite frankly I'm disgusted at the pure audacity of this person and I think they should at least refer to the ladder of consequence before making unjustified punishments.

Slpstk

This has happened to me 3 times now. First should have been a 2 hour but was a perm and i spent almost a day and a half trying to get unmuted. Second was a perm but should have been a day mute, I also spent about 2 days trying to get unmuted for this one. And lastly I wasnt even online when i was muted and it was a perm. I have since spent about a week and a half muted to finally have ultimate reduce my mute to a 14 day. This is absolutely absurd considering I have only had three mutes and have already spent time muted. I hope that said staff members can learn to open their eyes and look at the punishment ladder before making someones life difficult.

The server has a justice system in place for a reason and if someone is a staff member it is there is obligation to follow it. So? The reason I'm making this post is because a particular member of 'staff' (seeing as they don't like me using that term) claims that they 'do not have the time to look at the ladder' and if they make any sanction it is 'likely to be permanent'. Yesterday, I was permanently muted for spamming. This was after typing 3 numbers in the chat. This was my first offence so the correct punishment for this according to the server's rules is a 2 hour mute. Obviously, it is going to take a lot longer than this for a staff member to even see my appeal which is rather frustrating seeing as I was incorrectly punished in the first place. I don't see why someone should have ban and mute privileges if they are not going to use them in the correct fashion. Also, this 'staff' member also said that 'in previous times where he has done this the mute has been shortened to a week'. Why should I be muted for a week if what I did is only worthy of a 2 hour mute? Quite frankly I'm disgusted at the pure audacity of this person and I think they should at least refer to the ladder of consequence before making unjustified punishments.
If you didn’t make the situation worse triggering Envy, then you probably could have been unmuted a few days less or maybe even earlier. But you decide to cause more of a mess disrupting discord and now forums... If you’d just had complied to Envy when he said to stop spamming in chat after he clearly stated it after disabling chat, you would not have been in this situation.

Dumb Decisions Smh

NewClient

Alpha Team
Quality Assurance
Either way none of the staff members, no matter how high they are should be able to break the rules in which they make us and other people follow, Its the same concept of the Admin Ban, in which they don’t “need” evidence to ban a player. That idea is just aid’s just by hearing it.

mindlessly

If you didn’t make the situation worse triggering Envy, then you probably could have been unmuted a few days less or maybe even earlier. But you decide to cause more of a mess disrupting discord and now forums... If you’d just had complied to Envy when he said to stop spamming in chat after he clearly stated it after disabling chat, you would not have been in this situation.

Dumb Decisions Smh
There are rules and they should be enforced properly. Please take time to read the post before making a reply.

There are rules and they should be enforced properly. Please take time to read the post before making a reply.
“Please take time to read the post before making a reply”, I should have said that too you before you made the dumb decision to spam after an Administrator clearly told everyone to stop.

mindlessly

“Please take time to read the post before making a reply”, I should have said that too you before you made the dumb decision to spam after an Administrator clearly told everyone to stop.
I can tell you clearly want staff but this isn’t the way to go about it.

xElite

Let’s just make it clear, an admin can do whatever they feel to do if the situation is clear. I know you’re talking about Envy, and tbh he does have jurisdiction to punish without looking at the ladder. So you need stop being annoying or doing whatever it is you’re doing.

mindlessly

Let’s just make it clear, an admin can do whatever they feel to do if the situation is clear. I know you’re talking about Envy, and tbh he does have jurisdiction to punish without looking at the ladder. So you need stop being annoying or doing whatever it is you’re doing.
What I’m doing is perfectly justified, unlike turning a blind eye to dupers in your faction.

Slpstk

I have 3 mutes from 1 incident lol. It was when i wasnt dropping the topic about alex's false ban.

Then why do you have to stick up for him? He should at least respect his own rules and so should xElite.
What do you mean why do I have to stick up for him, because he’s right? I’d stick up for you if you’re right, but if you didn’t spam you wouldn’t be muted. Last time I’ll tell you, because you clearly will reply after reading this. I can see you don’t like to be quiet, so just follow the rules and you won’t be punished in the first place.
You’re like the kid that keeps running into the door when the door is closed smh.

mindlessly

What do you mean why do I have to stick up for him, because he’s right? I’d stick up for you if you’re right, but if you didn’t spam you wouldn’t be muted. Last time I’ll tell you, because you clearly will reply after reading this. I can see you don’t like to be quiet, so just follow the rules and you won’t be punished in the first place.
You’re like the kid that keeps running into the door when the door is closed smh.
Stop trying to make a joke out of this. The point of this thread is that admins should not abuse their power and neither should any staff. Why make a ladder of consequence if you don’t follow it? I didn’t want to take it this far but it is the correct thing to do.

hawkes1

I'd like to redirect people to this particular thread made a while ago:
https://forum.treasurewars.net/threads/admin-bans.330504/#post-833297

It would be interesting to see the staff rules, for each rank (helper, mod ect) to so that we can see if staff break the rules, seeing as higher staff are barely on to monitor their members, the players might as well do it as we have the most interaction with the staff.

There have been many examples where people have been perm muted. The idea of being muted perm, is just stupid. Even if you follow the whole ladder, it is stupid. When muted you can't do simple things such as access your /f hoppers ect. Being muted permanently if just stupid, especially when your alts will be muted for "mute evasion." If you get muted permanently, you may as well stop playing, or change your ip and start on a fresh account because, without the power to talk in chat, there is no point in playing the server.

Regarding admin mutes, this should not have to be a thing. Admins and developers job is not to mute, warn ect. This is the job of helpers and moderators who moderate chat. They are expected to follow the ladder of punishments. Although it has been known, with Xenos03, where he has banned a player for 3 days for teaming with hackers, although it was his second offence and it should have been a 7day ban, once the player was rebanned, it brought up a new series of problems. Staff need to follow the ladder of command or else they are not doing their job and should be demoted or fired. These are the staff who should be carrying out these punishments in the first place, and if admins are forced to do it, then it brings up a whole new issue of the capability and activeness of lower staff.

Stop trying to make a joke out of this. The point of this thread is that admins should not abuse their power and neither should any staff. Why make a ladder of consequence if you don’t follow it? I didn’t want to take it this far but it is the correct thing to do.
Wasn’t a joke, it was an analogy.
(Last one and forgetting this topic)

TLGamingHD

Senior Moderator
Senior Mod
Alpha Team
Quality Assurance
Event
Hey there, I get where you are coming from, but it is literally stated at the bottom of the rules page that admins or higher ranks can do this.

Feel free to make an appeal on the punishment if you believe it is invalid.

mindlessly

Hey there, I get where you are coming from, but it is literally stated at the bottom of the rules page that admins or higher ranks can do this.

View attachment 3778

Feel free to make an appeal on the punishment if you believe it is invalid.
I have made an appeal, just waiting on it.
I know admins can do this but I just wanted people to know that I feel that it is wrong and to be as transparent as possible. You can’t necessarily agree with admins on everything because they are only humans as much as anyone else is.

Status
Not open for further replies.