treasurewars.net Loading...
Join our offical discord server! Loading...

Watering Cannons

JackFaz

Personally, it sounds stupid to me that a faction defending their spawners can't water them but a faction cannoning in can water their cannons. This just screams double standards and an unfair advantage. I think it's a no brainer that either both of them are within the rules or both are against. Therefore, I think watering cannons should be against the rules.

JackFaz

By this logic you shouldn’t be able to water your base either. :thinking::thumbsdown:
When I say watering cannons I don’t mean the outside of a cannon box I mean drowning the cannon so it’s near impossible to blow the whole thing up. It’s the same thing as water protecting spawners.

NoobBusters

Previous Sr. Mod
When I say watering cannons I don’t mean the outside of a cannon box I mean drowning the cannon so it’s near impossible to blow the whole thing up. It’s the same thing as water protecting spawners.
Not sure what you're going at, every cannon needs to have water and sometimes excessive water to make sure it doesn't blow itself up. And for a cannon to operate you obviously need dry spots for redstone etc, which would allow for it to be cegged. Also if you're able to get into the cannon box, surely you can blow up the cannon with your own cannon? Especially with the walls around cannon boxes being extremely limited. Even if you were to make this a rule, it would be pretty impossible to enforce. It would be way too easy to claim the water was to ensure the cannon didn't blow its self up. Or to claim you weren't that experienced at cannoning and happened to schem the cannon in which it had water surrounding it.

Frqa

Personally, it sounds stupid to me that a faction defending their spawners can't water them but a faction cannoning in can water their cannons. This just screams double standards and an unfair advantage. I think it's a no brainer that either both of them are within the rules or both are against. Therefore, I think watering cannons should be against the rules.
put water over a cannon and have the water destroy all the redstone :)

SvgZ

Not sure what you're going at, every cannon needs to have water and sometimes excessive water to make sure it doesn't blow itself up. And for a cannon to operate you obviously need dry spots for redstone etc, which would allow for it to be cegged. Also if you're able to get into the cannon box, surely you can blow up the cannon with your own cannon? Especially with the walls around cannon boxes being extremely limited. Even if you were to make this a rule, it would be pretty impossible to enforce. It would be way too easy to claim the water was to ensure the cannon didn't blow its self up. Or to claim you weren't that experienced at cannoning and happened to schem the cannon in which it had water surrounding it.
He means they ocean the cannon box from the inside so if you raid it you can’t destroy it and it’s a simply place the red stone and repeaters back fix for them.

NoobBusters

Previous Sr. Mod
He means they ocean the cannon box from the inside so if you raid it you can’t destroy it and it’s a simply place the red stone and repeaters back fix for them.
Again, you can blow up the cannon with your own cannon, and you can cegg in air pockets.

SvgZ

Again, you can blow up the cannon with your own cannon, and you can cegg in air pockets.
That’s the thing since you water the inside of the cannon and you ocean the box, there is no air pockets. And why do I have to aim specifically for part of the cannon to blow them up, it’s like saying just allow watering spawners and aim for pillars

M4tt_H4wk

NoobBusters

Previous Sr. Mod
That’s the thing since you water the inside of the cannon and you ocean the box, there is no air pockets. And why do I have to aim specifically for part of the cannon to blow them up, it’s like saying just allow watering spawners and aim for pillars
For the cannon to function there has to be some air pockets. As for lining up your cannon, it’s really not that much effort is it? It just takes one world download. Also, the difference in lining it up for another cannon rather than spawners is there is a limit on how many walls you can have on a cannon. This making it easy to go through multiple spots. Plus you can blow up half the cannon from one spot, while in a base you may only get 5% of the spawners at one spot.

SvgZ

For the cannon to function there has to be some air pockets. As for lining up your cannon, it’s really not that much effort is it? It just takes one world download. Also, the difference in lining it up for another cannon rather than spawners is there is a limit on how many walls you can have on a cannon. This making it easy to go through multiple spots. Plus you can blow up half the cannon from one spot, while in a base you may only get 5% of the spawners at one spot.
Why do I have to make such a cannon everytime someone attempts me, plus on this server I’m not allowed to have a claimed counter so once I unclaim they come back to their barely damaged cannon with all the tnt in it because I can’t access the dispensers a quick fix and they can go again. Literally can do this every few hours with no efforts

SvgZ

It just shouldn’t be so easy for someone to protect their cannon while making it so hard for me to defend, i already have to deal with patching why do I then have to go and make a big cannon just so I can line up to their cannon and deal some damage, just for them to come back later and repeat with almost no losses

Quaj

It just shouldn’t be so easy for someone to protect their cannon while making it so hard for me to defend, i already have to deal with patching why do I then have to go and make a big cannon just so I can line up to their cannon and deal some damage, just for them to come back later and repeat with almost no losses
clearly an experienced player!

NoobBusters

Previous Sr. Mod
Why do I have to make such a cannon everytime someone attempts me, plus on this server I’m not allowed to have a claimed counter so once I unclaim they come back to their barely damaged cannon with all the tnt in it because I can’t access the dispensers a quick fix and they can go again. Literally can do this every few hours with no efforts
Just my opinion, I haven’t played for a while. I guess times have changed :)