treasurewars.net Loading...
Join our offical discord server! Loading...

We Need Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eZlee

Okay here’s the deal.

There’s been talk about a reset going on with the admins. Sure it’s not finalized, but in twars current state, knowing twars it will happen.

Problems arising:
Ftop prizes: I won’t keep it long, but are you kidding me? You had every chance to prolong the release of the server. You could have kept it closed until it was ACTUALLY ready to be released. I’m Nerds Ftop 1, with 700mil spawned value. We have a 7by7 corner base with 20 chunk buffers and countless amount of regens, anti ones, filters, 45 degree regens, and normal walls. keep in mind ALL OF THIS WAS DONE WITH 5 PEOPLE. We are only a 5 man fac and because of the PROMISED f top prize, we worked hard on our base.

Now all of that will leave because server isn’t ready? I call bs. I’m sure others can also vouch in the hard work they put into bases, and player base is struggling now, but just imagine how it will do when you guys don’t payout and reset all that progress.

I can talk for my faction, we won’t be playing if it resets again. And I’m sure the dissatisfaction and disappointment brought from this reset and it being reset will make people quit.

On a side note, all that money spent on chunk busters or anything other consumable, what will happen to those? Will there be a mass refund, or will the server keep those too without paying back?

A solution for this:
Either don’t scam the whole server and give a payout so people who only play for the money can take their money and leave

Don’t payout scam everyone and well twars is twars.

I want an answer, as many people probably do too.

Twars could have been good. It was rushed. Now you have fun dealing with the consequences.

@Horn34

eZlee

If you have an issue then you can come on discord and discuss it.
Issues lol it’s twars issues is it’s middle name. And nothing will be resolved with “coming into discord to talk about it”
Simply answers are needed. I don’t want to sit in a discord call like the other guy and get idk as an answer to all my questions sorry

I’m sure your fingers are in great health, so you can type all your answers in here to me :) not have people 1 by 1 joining disc and all getting the same answer. Make it easy and just write:
“ we don’t know what is going on, we don’t have any answers to any of your questions”

No changleogs have been released, nothing. You add new things that are broken? Players get no news of what’s going on.

Last edited:

_Loxx

First of all, if you were in the Discord QnA you would have seen that all of your questions were answered, Envyful said that a Reset is the last thing he wants to do, and that is a worst case scenario, they will do their best to do either a roll back or a compensation for the players. Just wait and see, it won't kill you, I am sure they won't just reset the whole server and keep the money from chunk busters / slotties etc. Either way, they will choose the best option for both the server and the players. I am sure it is not their goal to loose players...

eZlee

First of all, if you were in the Discord QnA you would have seen that all of your questions were answered, Envyful said that a Reset is the last thing he wants to do, and that is a worst case scenario, they will do their best to do either a roll back or a compensation for the players. Just wait and see, it won't kill you, I am sure they won't just reset the whole server and keep the money from chunk busters / slotties etc. Either way, they will choose the best option for both the server and the players. I am sure it is not their goal to loose players...
Okay but WHY can’t they make a post so everyone can see this? Would it really hurt them to make a post telling everyone this? Ofc it’s not their goal but last night after forgotten was fixed (not really) there were 14 actual players on. 14. Coincidence after everything breaking there’s 14 people on?

I’m simply asking for answers. Not everyone was in that QandA.

Slpstk

The first major issue I am seeing with this new dev team is they are way to secretive about what they are doing. They need to tell the server when and what they are adding. They cant just log on take the server down and boom 3 new scroll challenges pop up that dont even work. The second issue is that the staff and the dev team are supposed to be acting as one. The wyvern clue has still not gotten an answer on how to do it from the devs to the staff. Every time a person asks staff about something that is happening with the server they should be able to answer as if they are the devs. The third main problem is all of the bugs. I understand you are working on a server that came from dev teams playing with the code like its cat with yarn but you NEED to test the server more before releasing updates that dont work. You need to go and fix the bugs that players are requesting you fix. The players are what fuel your server. Not your idea of what it should be. Fix the server. Announce what you are doing to the community. Plan out what updates/changes you want to release and make sure they dont have bugs before releasing it. Finally advertising is NEEDED for a server that doesnt have the playerbase it wants. Either you pay to get your server on voting sites or you hire a youtuber to come in and help the server. We all know how many people lachlan brought in. Imagine a youtuber with the same following as him or even slightly smaller. That would be more than enough to make me happy.Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Horn34

Helper
Helper
The first major issue I am seeing with this new dev team is they are way to secretive about what they are doing. They need to tell the server when and what they are adding. They cant just log on take the server down and boom 3 new scroll challenges pop up that dont even work. The second issue is that the staff and the dev team are supposed to be acting as one. The wyvern clue has still not gotten an answer on how to do it from the devs to the staff. Every time a person asks staff about something that is happening with the server they should be able to answer as if they are the devs. The third main problem is all of the bugs. I understand you are working on a server that came from dev teams playing with the code like its cat with yarn but you NEED to test the server more before releasing updates that dont work. You need to go and fix the bugs that players are requesting you fix. The players are what fuel your server. Not your idea of what it should be. Fix the server. Announce what you are doing to the community. Plan out what updates/changes you want to release and make sure they dont have bugs before releasing it. Thank you.
To add on to this, you have an entire staff team that should be able to help test bugs way in advance of anything being released.

FluffyPlays

Okay here’s the deal.

There’s been talk about a reset going on with the admins. Sure it’s not finalized, but in twars current state, knowing twars it will happen.

Problems arising:
Ftop prizes: I won’t keep it long, but are you kidding me? You had every chance to prolong the release of the server. You could have kept it closed until it was ACTUALLY ready to be released. I’m Nerds Ftop 1, with 700mil spawned value. We have a 7by7 corner base with 20 chunk buffers and countless amount of regens, anti ones, filters, 45 degree regens, and normal walls. keep in mind ALL OF THIS WAS DONE WITH 5 PEOPLE. We are only a 5 man fac and because of the PROMISED f top prize, we worked hard on our base.

Now all of that will leave because server isn’t ready? I call bs. I’m sure others can also vouch in the hard work they put into bases, and player base is struggling now, but just imagine how it will do when you guys don’t payout and reset all that progress.

I can talk for my faction, we won’t be playing if it resets again. And I’m sure the dissatisfaction and disappointment brought from this reset and it being reset will make people quit.

On a side note, all that money spent on chunk busters or anything other consumable, what will happen to those? Will there be a mass refund, or will the server keep those too without paying back?

A solution for this:
Either don’t scam the whole server and give a payout so people who only play for the money can take their money and leave

Don’t payout scam everyone and well twars is twars.

I want an answer, as many people probably do too.

Twars could have been good. It was rushed. Now you have fun dealing with the consequences.

@Horn34
Okay, lets discuss this a bit.

Talk about reset: It would be the LAST resort so early on in the season. An admin saying its a possibility just means that is is an option, but I really cant see there being a reset due to how many repercussions there would be such as the ones you have stated. Even if it was taken into consideration, it would be polled and see what the community would want. A good alternative that Nelly actually came up with, was to reduce the season length which i'm sure almost everyone would take over reset.

Prolonging the release: I agree, we could've prolonged the release even further.;but in doing this we would've lost a lot more players. We had a hyped up beta of which we found many bugs of which have been fixed since then to try and get a stable opening.
The influx of players on open day actually lead to the server crash - this delayed us further and lost more players as they had to wait.
We had to then push out a new release, and fast so that we wouldn't lose this bigger player base. On Beta we were at 700players. On the reset day v2 we were at 400players. In one week of no server we lost 300players, leaving it even further would resulted in little to no players. So really we couldn't leave it any further and were forced into releasing it not 100% fixed. However, the team have been working harder than ever to get a good, bug free server in order.

Playing the server and your hard work: As a team, we really appreciate you playing and working hard and we don't want that to go to waste.

The Bugs: There were so many bugs of which were not even the current teams fault, 90% were due to the last team 10% were this teams. Just because players couldn't see bugs doesn't mean there were not there. The developers have been working so, so hard to ensure a fun, bug free playing experience with new content. And in time we will get there!

Solutions: Again as I've stated earlier, we wouldn't just reset it without talking to the community and seeing how that would play out.
And we would never scam players. Ever.

Any other questions? If so feel free to DM/PM a staff member on discord, start a conversation on forums or even join the QnA taking place in discord now. (I have sourced the majority of my points from Envys words in the QnA so its not made up)

I hope I was able to give you a few answers that you wanted
Thanks,
-Fluffy

Vexacion

Okay, lets discuss this a bit.

Talk about reset: It would be the LAST resort so early on in the season. An admin saying its a possibility just means that is is an option, but I really cant see there being a reset due to how many repercussions there would be such as the ones you have stated. Even if it was taken into consideration, it would be polled and see what the community would want. A good alternative that Nelly actually came up with, was to reduce the season length which i'm sure almost everyone would take over reset.

Prolonging the release: I agree, we could've prolonged the release even further.;but in doing this we would've lost a lot more players. We had a hyped up beta of which we found many bugs of which have been fixed since then to try and get a stable opening.
The influx of players on open day actually lead to the server crash - this delayed us further and lost more players as they had to wait.
We had to then push out a new release, and fast so that we wouldn't lose this bigger player base. On Beta we were at 700players. On the reset day v2 we were at 400players. In one week of no server we lost 300players, leaving it even further would resulted in little to no players. So really we couldn't leave it any further and were forced into releasing it not 100% fixed. However, the team have been working harder than ever to get a good, bug free server in order.

Playing the server and your hard work: As a team, we really appreciate you playing and working hard and we don't want that to go to waste.

The Bugs: There were so many bugs of which were not even the current teams fault, 90% were due to the last team 10% were this teams. Just because players couldn't see bugs doesn't mean there were not there. The developers have been working so, so hard to ensure a fun, bug free playing experience with new content. And in time we will get there!

Solutions: Again as I've stated earlier, we wouldn't just reset it without talking to the community and seeing how that would play out.
And we would never scam players. Ever.

Any other questions? If so feel free to DM/PM a staff member on discord, start a conversation on forums or even join the QnA taking place in discord now. (I have sourced the majority of my points from Envys words in the QnA so its not made up)

I hope I was able to give you a few answers that you wanted
Thanks,
-Fluffy
Thats all fine and good, but shouldn't the community be informed about whats going on? Its been so long since we had a formal update and we have no ideas whats fixed, whats being fixed, etc

Deanico

I agree, but with all that is happening I think a reset might be the best decision, I have not been able to play because of this rollback glitch for over a week now. Maybe a reset would be in our best interest. All depends on the admins though, hope it goes well.

Envyful

If you have any issues I welcome you to come and talk to me on discord. The reason I'm not typing everything I said on discord? This is because as a team we're more interested in spending our time working on all the bugs you so gladly complain about. You may question, but surely you're spending an equal amount of time answering questions on discord. The difference is I can work whilst answering questions on discord. I can answer every single point you made here reasonably and can guarantee you'd come out of the conversation a million times happier. Come talk to me I'd be glad to have a conversation :)

Slpstk

If you have any issues I welcome you to come and talk to me on discord. The reason I'm not typing everything I said on discord? This is because as a team we're more interested in spending our time working on all the bugs you so gladly complain about. You may question, but surely you're spending an equal amount of time answering questions on discord. The difference is I can work whilst answering questions on discord. I can answer every single point you made here reasonably and can guarantee you'd come out of the conversation a million times happier. Come talk to me I'd be glad to have a conversation :)
I am on discord almost all day and night. Whenever you feel like hearing what the top faction of one of your realms thinks msg me :)

Horn34

Helper
Helper
This is partly what we meant about the devs talking to staff, the devs say the crahses on reset were because of corrupt biomes or whatever, but you the staff say its because of an influx of players.

FluffyPlays

I agree that a new thread should be made on forums to outline what has changed, but despite that there hasn’t been a thread about it, we have still been trying to talk to the commuinty about updates, bugs and answer questions via QnAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.